The discussions

Simple excel question (i think)

Solved

Hello, I am putting together an XL sheet and would like to find the MAX value in a column of numbers, then return the contents of the cell next to it...

2 replies Last reply on 5 Nov 2009 by
ruh-roh

Vba excel search select paste delete

Solved

Hello, If someone could possible help on this I would be very greatful. I have reems of data in Excel (tidal data). I'm looking to get the highs...

1 reply Last reply on 4 Nov 2009 by
Clint16

If iserror with 2 cells match

Solved

Hello, If i have 2 cell that i need to match to 2 array row and print "W" or "L" if both of the cell match. This is what i have =IF(ISERROR(M...

1 reply Last reply on 30 Oct 2009 by
Excelguru

Macro help...copying and pasteing

Solved

Hello, I'm trying to write a macro to copy a row of cells to where the cursor is. The info is constant and the pasteing changes. I've used the "reco...

10 replies Last reply on 27 Oct 2009 by
selflearner

Vba to open an excel file in notepad

Solved

Hello, Can someone tell me the vba code to open an .xls or .csv file in notepad? thanks PM

1 reply Last reply on 8 Oct 2009 by
iveal

Conditional activation of macro button

Solved

Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to only make a button work if there are only two cells selected. I have got a button which will copy th...

17 replies Last reply on 6 Oct 2009 by
Trowa

Excel formula for conditional formatting

Solved

Hello, I'm trying to find a formula and instructions for shading date values in a column on a worksheet based on the month relative to today's date. ...

3 replies Last reply on 29 Sep 2009 by
venkat1926

Excel date formatting problem

Solved

So here's my problem. I have multipe dates all in one column on one tab/worksheet of an excel workbook. When I try to link to that date on another tab...

2 replies Last reply on 22 Sep 2009 by
chow70

Please help with my spreadsheet

Solved

Hello, I am having a hard time trying to figure out how to format my spreadsheet so that i can make it a template that i can use in future, this is w...

2 replies Last reply on 15 Sep 2009 by
chicky

Please help! excel question

Solved

Hello, I am trying to figure out how to count the number of cells that contain a certain text. For example: Column A 2007 Entry Draft ...

3 replies Last reply on 6 Sep 2009 by
deepbreathe

Excel 2003 question

Solved

Microsoft Office Excel 2003 I am trying to put in todays date along with text. How would i do this? in box A43 i have: =Q1&R1&S1 in Q1 i h...

3 replies Last reply on 2 Sep 2009 by
sadgurl

Excel: copy active range to bottom of list

Solved

Hello, On multiple sheets I have lists of peoples names. When I add a few new names on one sheet, I want a macro to copy-paste these names to the o...

13 replies Last reply on 27 Aug 2009 by
Trowa

Vba underscore trouble

Solved

Hello, I wrote a simple VBA code which is pretty long, so I want to use a underscore to continue on the next line. Here is an example of the cod...

4 replies Last reply on 21 Jul 2009 by
Trowa

Vba: error 9; subscript is out of reach

Solved

Hello, Depending on the value of a specific cell (sheet "gegevensblad" cell L10), I would like to hide 1 out of 2 sheets (Either Overzichtsgrafieke...

4 replies Last reply on 16 Jul 2009 by
Dean

List month from any given year in excel

Solved

Hello, i 0got a spreadsheet (data) as below date status 1-jan-1975 approved 1-feb-1980 suspended 5-mar-1985 rejected 10...

6 replies Last reply on 13 Jul 2009 by
ani

Activating macro

Solved

Hello, I have made a calender which I want to prepare for next year with the press of a button. Here is the file: https://authentification.site...

3 replies Last reply on 9 Jul 2009 by
Trowa

Require help in excel

Solved

Hello, Pls help me by suggesting any formula or function for selecting two minimum values from range of numbers in excel spreadsheet. For exampl...

2 replies Last reply on 8 Jul 2009 by
Anakin

Trouble activating macro

Solved

Hello, I've got a macro which runs on 12 worksheets. When the result of a formula changes I want the macro to do his job. What I do now is manu...

3 replies Last reply on 6 Jul 2009 by
Trowa

Conditional formating for entire rows

Solved

Hello, First I would like to thank Aquarelle for her kind words, regarding asking questions. I'm working on a calender where each day has a diff...

9 replies Last reply on 30 Jun 2009 by
Trowa

Excel worksheet help

Solved

Hello, So i've tried like hell to figure this out but have no programming skills at all. I have basic excel experience most of it self taugh or what...

1 reply Last reply on 26 Jun 2009 by
venkat1926

Excel 2007 timeline, help please

Solved

Hello, timeline, help please im looking for a formula to fill in a cell with either s,p,v or h depending on data taken from sheet 2. the data...

1 reply Last reply on 22 Jun 2009 by
Orkt

Possible to extract partial data in excel?

Solved

Hello, I have an Excel spreadsheet that contains around 1500 html links. All the addresses start out common... i.e. http://www.frogs.com/. W...

2 replies Last reply on 20 Jun 2009 by
DarkDMize

Excel formular problem

Solved

Hello, =IF(B2=1,"Entertainment","") I have this formular which when i type a value into one colume it will display text in another and the end o...

2 replies Last reply on 19 Jun 2009 by
mubashir aziz

Macro to find last blank cell in column

Solved

Hello, Can anyone help me with this please? I want a macro to run in Excel to do the following: 1. Go to a column and working from the top down fin...

3 replies Last reply on 13 Jun 2009 by
LesE

Calculate the sum of rows using macro

Solved/Closed

Hello, I need some help with the folowing problem. I have a table with changing length of rows and columns. I need to calculate the sums of the rows ...

2 replies Last reply on 3 Jun 2009 by
Manhamanha

Excel column sort

Solved

Hello, i have a list of numbers/letters titles written like: 1KFLS921 there are around 2000 of these listed down column A. i have the same l...

2 replies Last reply on 20 Apr 2009 by
ZaQ

Excel - reset / replace seconds to zero

Solved

Hello, i have an Excel 2007 file which has in sheet1 the time people enter to the system with the format ex. 11:55:31 AM and i need to reset all the ...

2 replies Last reply on 16 Apr 2009 by
safy_al_nya

Excell macro help required

Solved

Hello, I have 3 Excell Workbooks, i need to create a master sheet, but when ever i update the master sheet the data updated shouls reflect in all t...

2 replies Last reply on 24 Mar 2009 by
sarbel.vilo

Need help in excel macro

Solved

Hello Ivan, Ive' been reading a lot of your answers and i'm quite facinated of your skill. I need to create a macro for one of my project and it i...

6 replies Last reply on 20 Mar 2009 by
Jnani

Excel help

Solved

Hello, Ok am not that experienced with excel, so if any one can helo would be great. I have a huge spreadsheet and i am constantly updating it. ...

5 replies Last reply on 17 Mar 2009 by
Amber1984

Having excel if formulas print text and calc

Solved

Hello, I am trying to get Excel IF formulas to print text and calculation based on true/false. Such as, if I have some dates, and I don't need to s...

2 replies Last reply on 6 Mar 2009 by
martinwuff

Count and summarise records in excel 2003

Solved

Hello, Sorry to bother you but I have a minor problem with a spreadsheet and I don't know how to resolve the issue or whether it is possible u...

2 replies Last reply on 17 Feb 2009 by
GRA

Create msg/popup to notify in excel vba

Solved

Hello, I need a Excel VB script to notify/popup a message when the number of the letter U on a calendar exceeds 6, 8, 12 etc. It will have to check...

4 replies Last reply on 11 Feb 2009 by
Siebel SME

Converting date format in excel sheet

Solved

Hello, I have a cell which contains date in the format dd/mm/yyyy, but i need to convert to mm/dd/yyyy in excel how can i do this?

1 reply Last reply on 10 Feb 2009 by
daywish

Excel 2003 please help with concat dilemma

Solved

Hello, I need one column to show the following text: prxyz,(Data1 here),0699,ABCD(Data2 here),xxx Data1 is in Column A and Data2 is in Column B....

2 replies Last reply on 8 Feb 2009 by
excelgamine

Excel x-reference

Solved

Hi there friends, I have a excel spread sheet that i am using to keep track of sales. What i need is a formula or function that will check a lis...

3 replies Last reply on 30 Jan 2009 by
sam

Count number of cells matching to criteria

Solved

Hello, I have two column lists (one value in each cell) the first { 1 2 3 1 2 2 2 1 1 1 } and the second {A B C C C B B A A C } and I am attempting...

1 reply Last reply on 16 Jan 2009 by
aquarelle

Need help with simple macro

Solved

Hello, I have an Excel worksheet with data in columns that I would like to move to rows. The data is in A1:AN1 - I would like to make it shwo in th...

2 replies Last reply on 24 Sep 2008 by
Dave
Results 1651 - 1688 out of a total of 1,688