Excel Forum - solved topics

Ask a question
Search
Close
Results 1651 - 1700 of about 1,710
  • Solved
  • how to count rows which show specified dates Solved/Closed

Hello, I am trying to get help with stats. I have a spreadsheet which shows the date a specific action was started in each row. I need to be abl...

sparker | Latest reply: venkat1926 Jan 8, 2010
    3 replies
  • select Y in all 3 columns and return value Solved/Closed

Hello, There are 3 columns where range is unknown for all the 3 columns( A, B & C). Macro need to selcect "Y" in all the 3 columns then No action ...

kk | Latest reply: venkat1926 Jan 7, 2010
    1 reply
  • Reg: Macro - Auto run Solved/Closed

Hello, I need to run a macro automatically when i open an excel sheet. and aslo to run a macro when i close the sheet can any one help me...

jee | Latest reply: jee Jan 5, 2010
    10 replies
  • Macro question Solved/Closed

Hello, I'm trying to write a macro in excel 07 to select the last row in a range. I want it to select the last row of the range only. Does anyone...

Jay | Latest reply: Jay Dec 28, 2009
    3 replies
  • Excel Solved/Closed

Hello, I need some help. I would like to find out how many occurences of the same number occur in a column with in excel. Eample: 11111555555556666...

WILL511958 | Latest reply: venkat1926 Dec 27, 2009
    1 reply
  • Excel MAtching Data Solved/Closed

Hello, I have two rows of data in excel one has the name of all members about 100 and the other list is of members who have paid their dues about 5...

Shak | Latest reply: Kamal Dec 21, 2009
    3 replies
  • How to Update Prices in Excel by % Solved/Closed

Hello, I have a lengthy spreadsheet (Office 2007) with stocked items and their prices, the prices are simply entered in a cell when I created the spr...

pgh | Latest reply: pgh Dec 20, 2009
    2 replies
  • excel: if then else with multiple criteria Solved/Closed

Hello, Essentially, I would like to determine a numeric value (1-9) for the letters of the alphabet. Returning the number value in relation to a n...

Luchtain | Latest reply: venkat1926 Dec 11, 2009
    8 replies
  • VBA/Macro: Removing titles Solved/Closed

Hello, I need to remove Mr/Mrs/Miss preceeding the names in one cell and copy them to another cell. Any idea? Your advice is much appreciated. i...

Austin | Latest reply: Austin Dec 10, 2009
    8 replies
  • I NEED A FORMULA IN EXCEL? Solved/Closed

Hello, Hello... I have a cell A1 that show $200.00. now if am type $ 200.00 in B2 automatically A1 cell amount should show as 0 your help much ap...

Mafrin | Latest reply: Mafrin Dec 7, 2009
    2 replies
  • Stay on same row when selecting next sheet Solved/Closed

Hello, I would like to know how to stay on the same row when selecting another sheet. My file contains 17 sheets. Sheets 2 and 5 till 16 contain...

Trowa | Latest reply: Trowa Nov 26, 2009
    5 replies
  • Help with Excel Macro Solved/Closed

Hello, I am certainly a macro noob and require some help, please, :( I work at a travel agency and I have a worksheet with all of our reserves. It h...

sahkab | Latest reply: aquarelle Nov 24, 2009
    3 replies
  • using a named cell in a macro - same workbook Solved/Closed

Hello, seems simple but I'm just not getting it....I'm using excel 2003 and am trying to use a named cell on one sheet in a macro on a different sh...

marcia | Latest reply: venkat1926 Nov 24, 2009
    3 replies
  • COUNT # ROWS where 2 conditions are true Solved/Closed

Hello, I am having problems counting the # rows of problem reports where the priority = 1 and the PR is active. here is the array: PR PRIORI...

tepatl | Latest reply: aquarelle Nov 11, 2009
    1 reply
  • Excel 2007 Formula Help - if cell is empty... Solved/Closed

Hello, Simple formula of =J3-SUM(L3:X3) BUT if J3 is empty then I want the formula to run as =C3-SUM(L3:X3) What is the proper formula to get t...

Melissa | Latest reply: Melissa Nov 11, 2009
    2 replies
  • excel issue Solved/Closed

Hello, please give macro for hiding blank rows

cophe77 | Latest reply: iveal Nov 11, 2009
    1 reply
  • EXCEL: Nested IF formula question Solved/Closed

Hello, I've read some answers to similar questions, but not quite the same... How can I have *certain* results of my nested "IF" formula display...

bunda3 | Latest reply: Tonio Nov 10, 2009
    2 replies
  • Simple Excel Question (I think) Solved/Closed

Hello, I am putting together an XL sheet and would like to find the MAX value in a column of numbers, then return the contents of the cell next to it...

ruh-roh | Latest reply: ruh-roh Nov 5, 2009
    2 replies
  • VBA Excel Search Select Paste Delete Solved/Closed

Hello, If someone could possible help on this I would be very greatful. I have reems of data in Excel (tidal data). I'm looking to get the highs...

Clint16 | Latest reply: Clint16 Nov 4, 2009
    1 reply
  • IF iserror with 2 cells match Solved/Closed

Hello, If i have 2 cell that i need to match to 2 array row and print "W" or "L" if both of the cell match. This is what i have =IF(ISERROR(M...

sangng978 | Latest reply: Excelguru Oct 30, 2009
    1 reply
  • macro help...copying and pasteing Solved/Closed

Hello, I'm trying to write a macro to copy a row of cells to where the cursor is. The info is constant and the pasteing changes. I've used the "reco...

selflearner | Latest reply: selflearner Oct 27, 2009
    10 replies
  • VBA to Open an excel file in notepad Solved/Closed

Hello, Can someone tell me the vba code to open an .xls or .csv file in notepad? thanks PM

PM | Latest reply: iveal Oct 8, 2009
    1 reply
  • Conditional activation of macro button Solved/Closed

Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to only make a button work if there are only two cells selected. I have got a button which will copy th...

Trowa | Latest reply: Trowa Oct 6, 2009
    17 replies
  • Excel Formula for Conditional Formatting Solved/Closed

Hello, I'm trying to find a formula and instructions for shading date values in a column on a worksheet based on the month relative to today's date. ...

Scott | Latest reply: venkat1926 Sep 29, 2009
    3 replies
  • Excel Date formatting problem Solved/Closed

So here's my problem. I have multipe dates all in one column on one tab/worksheet of an excel workbook. When I try to link to that date on another tab...

chow70 | Latest reply: chow70 Sep 22, 2009
    2 replies
  • please help with my spreadsheet Solved/Closed

Hello, I am having a hard time trying to figure out how to format my spreadsheet so that i can make it a template that i can use in future, this is w...

chicky | Latest reply: chicky Sep 15, 2009
    2 replies
  • PLEASE HELP! EXCEL QUESTION Solved/Closed

Hello, I am trying to figure out how to count the number of cells that contain a certain text. For example: Column A 2007 Entry Draft ...

drummo87 | Latest reply: deepbreathe Sep 6, 2009
    3 replies
  • excel 2003 question Solved/Closed

Microsoft Office Excel 2003 I am trying to put in todays date along with text. How would i do this? in box A43 i have: =Q1&R1&S1 in Q1 i h...

TrinityIPB | Latest reply: sadgurl Sep 2, 2009
    3 replies
  • Excel: Copy active range to bottom of list Solved/Closed

Hello, On multiple sheets I have lists of peoples names. When I add a few new names on one sheet, I want a macro to copy-paste these names to the o...

Trowa | Latest reply: Trowa Aug 27, 2009
    13 replies
  • VBA underscore trouble Solved/Closed

Hello, I wrote a simple VBA code which is pretty long, so I want to use a underscore to continue on the next line. Here is an example of the cod...

Trowa | Latest reply: Trowa Jul 21, 2009
    4 replies
  • VBA: Error 9; subscript is out of reach Solved/Closed

Hello, Depending on the value of a specific cell (sheet "gegevensblad" cell L10), I would like to hide 1 out of 2 sheets (Either Overzichtsgrafieke...

Trowa | Latest reply: Dean Jul 16, 2009
    4 replies
  • list month from any given year in excel Solved/Closed

Hello, i 0got a spreadsheet (data) as below date status 1-jan-1975 approved 1-feb-1980 suspended 5-mar-1985 rejected 10...

smd | Latest reply: ani Jul 13, 2009
    6 replies
  • Activating Macro Solved/Closed

Hello, I have made a calender which I want to prepare for next year with the press of a button. Here is the file: https://authentification.site...

Trowa | Latest reply: Trowa Jul 9, 2009
    3 replies
  • Require help in excel Solved/Closed

Hello, Pls help me by suggesting any formula or function for selecting two minimum values from range of numbers in excel spreadsheet. For exampl...

Anakin | Latest reply: Anakin Jul 8, 2009
    2 replies
  • Trouble activating macro Solved/Closed

Hello, I've got a macro which runs on 12 worksheets. When the result of a formula changes I want the macro to do his job. What I do now is manu...

Trowa | Latest reply: Trowa Jul 6, 2009
    3 replies
  • Conditional formating for entire rows Solved/Closed

Hello, First I would like to thank Aquarelle for her kind words, regarding asking questions. I'm working on a calender where each day has a diff...

Trowa | Latest reply: Trowa Jun 30, 2009
    9 replies
  • Excel worksheet help Solved/Closed

Hello, So i've tried like hell to figure this out but have no programming skills at all. I have basic excel experience most of it self taugh or what...

Shams | Latest reply: venkat1926 Jun 26, 2009
    1 reply
  • excel 2007 timeline, help please Solved/Closed

Hello, timeline, help please im looking for a formula to fill in a cell with either s,p,v or h depending on data taken from sheet 2. the data...

Orkt | Latest reply: Orkt Jun 22, 2009
    1 reply
  • Possible to extract partial data in Excel? Solved/Closed

Hello, I have an Excel spreadsheet that contains around 1500 html links. All the addresses start out common... i.e. http://www.frogs.com/. W...

DarkDMize | Latest reply: DarkDMize Jun 20, 2009
    2 replies
  • Excel Formular Problem Solved/Closed

Hello, =IF(B2=1,"Entertainment","") I have this formular which when i type a value into one colume it will display text in another and the end o...

Funky Town | Latest reply: mubashir aziz Jun 19, 2009
    2 replies
  • Macro to find last blank cell in column Solved/Closed

Hello, Can anyone help me with this please? I want a macro to run in Excel to do the following: 1. Go to a column and working from the top down fin...

LesE | Latest reply: LesE Jun 13, 2009
    3 replies
  • Calculate the sum of rows using macro Solved/Closed

Hello, I need some help with the folowing problem. I have a table with changing length of rows and columns. I need to calculate the sums of the rows ...

Manhamanha | Latest reply: Manhamanha Jun 3, 2009
    2 replies
  • Excel Column Sort Solved/Closed

Hello, i have a list of numbers/letters titles written like: 1KFLS921 there are around 2000 of these listed down column A. i have the same l...

ZaQ | Latest reply: ZaQ Apr 20, 2009
    2 replies
  • Excel - reset / replace seconds to zero Solved/Closed

Hello, i have an Excel 2007 file which has in sheet1 the time people enter to the system with the format ex. 11:55:31 AM and i need to reset all the ...

safy_al_nya | Latest reply: safy_al_nya Apr 16, 2009
    2 replies
  • excell Macro Help Required Solved/Closed

Hello, I have 3 Excell Workbooks, i need to create a master sheet, but when ever i update the master sheet the data updated shouls reflect in all t...

Crackinhunk | Latest reply: sarbel.vilo Mar 24, 2009
    2 replies
  • Need help in Excel Macro Solved/Closed

Hello Ivan, Ive' been reading a lot of your answers and i'm quite facinated of your skill. I need to create a macro for one of my project and it i...

zeromaim | Latest reply: Jnani Mar 20, 2009
    6 replies
  • Excel Help Solved/Closed

Hello, Ok am not that experienced with excel, so if any one can helo would be great. I have a huge spreadsheet and i am constantly updating it. ...

Amber1984 | Latest reply: Amber1984 Mar 17, 2009
    5 replies
  • Having Excel IF formulas print text and calc Solved/Closed

Hello, I am trying to get Excel IF formulas to print text and calculation based on true/false. Such as, if I have some dates, and I don't need to s...

martinwuff | Latest reply: martinwuff Mar 6, 2009
    2 replies
  • Count and summarise records in Excel 2003 Solved/Closed

Hello, Sorry to bother you but I have a minor problem with a spreadsheet and I don't know how to resolve the issue or whether it is possible u...

GRA | Latest reply: GRA Feb 17, 2009
    2 replies
  • Create Msg/Popup to notify in Excel VBA Solved/Closed

Hello, I need a Excel VB script to notify/popup a message when the number of the letter U on a calendar exceeds 6, 8, 12 etc. It will have to check...

Siebel SME | Latest reply: Siebel SME Feb 11, 2009
    4 replies