The discussions

Need urgently to find a macro in excel report across sheets

Solved

Hi, Anyone a solution? I need a macro that will do the following: 1. Search for a word, a number, ... across all the worksheets in the workbo...

6 replies Last reply on 7 Jul 2015 by
moisdois

Error trying to populate new worksheet using macro

Solved

Hey everyone, I've been working on a macro to create a new worksheet based on the information entered into a column of a "data" worksheet which pop...

2 replies Last reply on 30 Jun 2015 by
AmitMehta96

Add string only if a text is present in a cell

Solved

Hello, i have this string =CONCATENATE(MID(B5;1;1);".") i use to have the initial of a name like this: from "Name" to "N." but some fields have no...

6 replies Last reply on 30 Jun 2015 by
Deloro

Copy cell from another sheet where cell is value...?

Solved

Hi, Is it possible to copy a cell from sheet 1 to sheet 2 where (for instance) sheet 2 A1 is same value as a cell in sheet 1? What I have is: sh...

2 replies Last reply on 30 Jun 2015 by
wzshop

Macro for filling data from specific cell to another

Solved

Hi all, i need help with creating macro to fill data from specific cells in column to another specific blank cells in other column. screen shot i...

4 replies Last reply on 30 Jun 2015 by
kayuf

Error: embedded excel spreadsheet

Solved/Closed

Occasionally I have an error with my embedded spreadsheets- it is "Microsoft Office Word can't start the application required to open this object. An...

1 reply Last reply on 28 Jun 2015 by
MatthewBon

Need value as per given criteria

Solved

Hello, There is a range given on one column and on the other column there are points. Ex: 200 - 180. 10 points 179 - 160. 9.5 points 159...

6 replies Last reply on 23 Jun 2015 by
Mazzaropi

If formula for a range almost works, except with blank cells

Solved

Apologies if the title is too vague. I will if necessary rewrite it to comply with forum rules. I have posted this same question here: https://www....

3 replies Last reply on 19 Jun 2015 by
eddiecruz

Cannot browse - ftp ok, email ok, ping ok

Solved

Hello, I have been following the thread from people with similar problems but mine is not fixed. This all happened yesterday when AVG falsely ident...

24 replies Last reply on 14 Jun 2015 by
2NinerRomeo

Date format

Solved

Hello, i have a column in format like 14-02-14 and i want to change it like14-02-2014

1 reply Last reply on 14 Jun 2015 by
Mazzaropi

If condition formula required

Solved

Hello, Thank for the earlier reply. Please help in correcting the formula given below. condition is if a column is AB2>=1 it should reduce no. ...

2 replies Last reply on 14 Jun 2015 by
Raghuram

Excel consolidation tab

Solved

Hi all, I am wondering if it is possible to exclude one spreadsheet from being pulled into the master tab. I could name it Data. Can you advice? ...

4 replies Last reply on 11 Jun 2015 by
nnavarro

If cell a1 has text then cell b2 has today's date

Solved

Hello, I'm trying to find a formula that writes, If Cell A1 has text or any value, then B2 should show today's date and time. Can someone help m...

1 reply Last reply on 10 Jun 2015 by
ac3mark

Excel - repeat rows a specified number of times

Solved/Closed

Hello, I'm aware of the post here https://ccm.net/apps-sites/software/1603-how-to-repeat-rows-a-specified-number-of-times-on-excel/ But I wo...

1 reply Last reply on 9 Jun 2015 by
Riteon

How to repeat rows by x number of times

Solved

Hi Does anybody know how I can repeat rows in a spreadsheet (or into another spreadsheet) by n number of times specified in the cell in that row ...

7 replies Last reply on 9 Jun 2015 by
Riteon

Rounding function

Solved

Hello, Good day!! For the Excel rounding function normally is 4 down 5 up is it possible that rounding the digit as below request? 115.21...

2 replies Last reply on 5 Jun 2015 by
Winndixie

Vba to refresh all pivot tables

Solved

Hello, One of my worksheets has about 40 pivot tables. I know that there is a pivot table option to "refresh tables when opening file". But my raw ...

1 reply Last reply on 5 Jun 2015 by
Fwong

Macro to add/remove rows based on highest # in group of cells

Solved

I am looking for a macro that will look at a predefined group of cells (say A1-A5) and create as many rows based off the highest one on another sheet....

1 reply Last reply on 4 Jun 2015 by
TrowaD

Copy specific cells to separate worksheets upon 2 conditions

Solved

Hello everyone, vcoolio has kindly written me a script to copy and paste specific cells from Sheet1 to Sheet2 if ONE condition is met (ie "Yes" is...

3 replies Last reply on 1 Jun 2015 by
vcoolio

Copy certain cells when an option is selected

Solved

Hello, Can anyone help me with a script to: Copy: cell A, Worksheet One to cell B, Worksheet Two; cell G, Worksheet One to cell D, Worksheet Tw...

14 replies Last reply on 27 May 2015 by
vcoolio

Arrow key now working.

Solved

Hi, When i use the arrow keys using excel, the columns & Rows are being highlighted. How to unlock this? Can you help me to solve this?

2 replies Last reply on 26 May 2015 by
belle07

Date format

Solved

Hello, I want to write date into following format like (25/05/2015) into 25 days 05 months 2015 year. Is it possible??? Thanks Configuration...

2 replies Last reply on 23 May 2015 by
Mazzaropi

Help to insert a date using a macro in excel

Solved

Hello, I have a spread sheet with four tabs. I have written a macro to copy the tabs and rename them but I need to be able change the date which u...

3 replies Last reply on 22 May 2015 by
Matt

How to hide and unhide tabs according to cell criteria.

Solved

Hello, I have an Invoice that has a Rent To Own Sheet and also an Order Form attached to it. On my the Order Form tab I have a data validation...

1 reply Last reply on 20 May 2015 by
vcoolio

Excel vba format a range borders to crossed diagonal lines

Solved

Hello, please help me to format a range of cells like if in a range a1:c10 if any cell eg: c1 contains a value c then format diagonal lines wit...

4 replies Last reply on 17 May 2015 by
MaxStart

Conditional formatting: 3 range of numbers

Solved

Hello, would like to seek advice from some of the experts here. I want to do conditional formatting from column O6-O21. If percentage is a...

2 replies Last reply on 10 May 2015 by
LCC

Reformatting a date in excel

Solved

Hello, I could really use your help with Excel. How can I change a date formatted like this...03/12/2004...to just reflect the month and year...0...

4 replies Last reply on 8 May 2015 by
Bert

Get a percentage in microsoft excel

Solved/Closed

Hello, I am trying to get 10% of a number in another cell. rather than doing it in my head, I was hoping someone would know the formula. If you do,...

3 replies Last reply on 7 May 2015 by
kb

How to use name range..please help to solve this issue..

Solved

Hello, i have a excel work book which has few name ranges eg namerange1, namerange2, namerange3.. how i can display the resultant like if column e...

4 replies Last reply on 7 May 2015 by
Mathewmunna

Exam layout help

Solved

Hello, I want to display a classroom layout on sheet 2 using a list of names from sheet 1 I'm sure it's possible, I just don't know where to sta...

8 replies Last reply on 1 May 2015 by
addseo1115

Conditional formatting cell if every cell contains "yes"

Solved

Hello, I want to A2 (surname) and B2 (forename) to turn green if every cell in range C1:F1 equals "yes". At the moment it is highlighting A2 & B2 i...

2 replies Last reply on 1 May 2015 by
LizzyDashwood

Compare 2 sheets -> summary differences

Solved

For an ongoing school project values of test subjects are changing over time. I would like to create a quick overview of these changes. Examples ...

4 replies Last reply on 30 Apr 2015 by
SidK

Conditional formatting for a particular column

Solved

Hello, I need to perform conditional formatting on a particular column, which should display the numbers entered into it, in 3 decimal format. ...

11 replies Last reply on 30 Apr 2015 by
Harish51290

How to search for a value in a range if found run a procedure.

Solved

Hello, I am trying to get my spread sheet to run a Macro I have that is working nicely (that copies the row and pastes it to another sheet in the ...

4 replies Last reply on 29 Apr 2015 by
Tiny

Finding a date (n30) in a date range b5:b30 and returning a3text

Solved

Hello, Thank you in advance for helping me... I really appreciate it. I believe I need an =IF formula.... I have a column with different dates ...

3 replies Last reply on 29 Apr 2015 by
MaxStart

Auto. copy a row of data onto another sheet using conditions

Solved

Hello, I am new to VBA and I have two spreadsheets both in the same workbook. One sheet is full off information the other is a printable form t...

8 replies Last reply on 28 Apr 2015 by
Don't Know

Macro to search for a word and put a code on the cell next to it

Solved

Hello, I'd like to scan a column for a certain word ("TOTAL LINE") and put a code (e.g "a") on the cell next to it each time it finds it.In case tha...

2 replies Last reply on 28 Apr 2015 by
A.E

Macro for blanks

Solved

Hello, Would appreciate help! I have a spreadsheet which I run daily. The number of rows can change each time I run it (ie one day I have 5 rows; t...

3 replies Last reply on 21 Apr 2015 by
vcoolio

Date of birth in words

Solved

Hello, How can I enter date of birth in words in Excel?

1 reply Last reply on 20 Apr 2015 by
TrowaD

Transfer data from one sheet to another automatically

Solved

Hello, I would like to populate data on a spreadsheet based on data obtained from another. Is this possible? If so, how can I do this? Example: S...

19 replies Last reply on 14 Apr 2015 by
vcoolio

What cell is my data coming from?

Solved

Oh dear - back again ... :^( After you guys help again with VBA. I'm never going to volunteer to try script-writing again! (at least not without...

4 replies Last reply on 8 Apr 2015 by
BrianGreen

Transferring information from previous spreadsheet

Solved

Hi everyone, I'm a junior doctor from Australia, and I'm trying to use excel to make my ward management a more efficient process! Everyday we get ...

17 replies Last reply on 7 Apr 2015 by
skreechy

Single quote - excel 2007

Solved

Hi, Does anyone know what the single quotation mark ' means when entered at the beginning of a cell? I notice that the quotation mark does not ...

8 replies Last reply on 6 Apr 2015 by
FLAWLESSVW

Conditional formatting based on expiration dates

Solved

Hello, I am trying to figure out how to introduce conditional formatting to a range of cells with date values. I want each cell in the range to b...

2 replies Last reply on 6 Apr 2015 by
BC

Two criteria to check if a date in excel

Solved

Despite my best efforts going round in circles on a simple problem. Help gratefully accepted.... If say, Cell A1 can have two values - "In" or "Out" ...

13 replies Last reply on 5 Apr 2015 by
vcoolio

Formula to add big number of day to date in excel sheet

Solved

Dear Please advise me how I can creat formula in excel sheet to help me to calculate due payment day for LC. As example I want to add 120 or 180 day...

3 replies Last reply on 4 Apr 2015 by
mgkimmel

Using the last few characters on a different sheet

Solved

Hi All, Me again - I HATE VBA! it is so simple that I get frutrated when I cant get a simple thing right. Im trying to write a VBA script that n...

2 replies Last reply on 3 Apr 2015 by
BrianGreen

Vlookup won't work

Solved

I am trying to set up a formula in Excel 2013 that says to look at what is in X11, find the title and explanation in a group of cells on another works...

2 replies Last reply on 2 Apr 2015 by
Cookie5

Set cell value

Solved

Hello, how to create formula for: if AI=1, B1=2 than show C1= 25....... if A1=1 B1=3 than show C1=28........ if A1=5 B1=5 than show C!=32.... ...

1 reply Last reply on 28 Mar 2015 by
MaxStart

Vba copy sheet to new excel file + automated manual data entry

Solved

Configuration: Windows 7 / Firefox 35.0 Dears, I hope this is not a to extensive VBA script request and this is the place to ask. I need to cre...

4 replies Last reply on 28 Mar 2015 by
MaxStart
Results 701 - 750 out of a total of 1,688