Excel Forum - solved topics

Ask a question
Search
Close
Results 1551 - 1600 of about 1,710
  • Solved
  • Excel find a value <>2#'s &get a value beside Solved/Closed

Hi All, I want to enter a number in cell A1 (Sheet 1) and have a formula which gets excel to go to sheet 2 column A finds the two numbers the e...

g | Latest reply: g Apr 28, 2010
    2 replies
  • EXCEL FORMULA FOR FINDING PERCENTAGE OF Solved/Closed

Hello, I need a simple formaul for finding the percentage of Total number of members: answer in column A392 Total number of members who have prov...

LOLA | Latest reply: nancy0123 Apr 27, 2010
    2 replies
  • conditional hide rows in multiple sheets Solved/Closed

It didn't solved yet. I have one excel file with multiple sheets, and all of them with the same columns and rows . I need to hide specific rows in ...

issa | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Apr 25, 2010
    1 reply
  • How to display formula in excel? Solved/Closed

hi everyone, for example i have A1=H and A2=G, and A3=A1+A2 how do i make A3 show a final result of "H+G",display text instead of calculating the form...

Daniel | Latest reply: Daniel Apr 24, 2010
    2 replies
  • Excel Skipping a cell when calculating a tota Solved/Closed

i have a series of codes back and forth it seems a bit insane. but what im wanting is for cell b1 c1 d1 e1 and etc to add together wich i have the fo...

starhawk85 | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Apr 23, 2010
    1 reply
  • Compare cell against multiple columns Solved/Closed

Configuration: Windows XP / Safari 532.5 Hopefully I can explain this as simply as possible. First here is what my spreadsheet looks like I have sepe...

ExcelHelpless | Latest reply: ExcelHelpless Apr 21, 2010
    8 replies
  • Excel - Run Macro on Cell Change Solved/Closed

I am trying to have 1 of 8 different macro's run depending on the value of a specific cell. If I enter 1 in cell A3, I would like macro1 to run. If I...

ja6924 | Latest reply: aquarelle Apr 20, 2010
    1 reply
  • VBA Code For Excel .......................... Solved/Closed

Dear Expert, Below written VBA code is being used by me to insert jpg picture in the excel file against the code number and its working very well a...

Santosh | Latest reply: Santosh Apr 20, 2010
    2 replies
  • macro to delete blank rows? Solved/Closed

I have a spreadsheet where I would like to 'record new macro' to delete all rows that are blank. If I filter on blank rows and delete....the macro wi...

ap | Latest reply: ap Apr 19, 2010
    4 replies
  • Why won't this work?: update graph's year VBA Solved/Closed

Hi, My graph has a timeline of one year. After that year the timeline needs to be updated. To get the current year I have used the functions TODAY...

Trowa | Latest reply: Trowa Apr 19, 2010
    4 replies
  • Moving specific data into separate worksheets Solved/Closed

Hello, I have a list in a column as follows: DAY TYPE PHASE 1 ...

Steve | Latest reply: Steve Apr 19, 2010
    7 replies
  • Hyperlink Macro Solved/Closed

Hi Have a customer profile sheet that has a new customer number each time it is opened. Details are filled in for the customer then a post button is...

SLKG | Latest reply: SLKG Apr 18, 2010
    2 replies
  • Macro to copy and paste values Solved/Closed

Hi I am a complete novice when it comes to macros. What I am looking for is a macro that when run looks in Cell Q7 on Sheet 1 to see what number is...

SLKG | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Apr 17, 2010
    8 replies
  • Please help macro or formula excel Solved/Closed

I've 4 columns and 10000 rows like this : Month Plant Area Budget Jan ........ A1 ........01 ........ 1000 Jan ........ ...

talkwutty | Latest reply: talkwutty Apr 16, 2010
    2 replies
  • multiple tabs set row count based on sheet 1 Solved/Closed

Hi Sheet 1 contains > 1000 rows of populated data. I need to create x number of tabs each containg the next 25 rows from the sheet1 data. ie 1000...

oli | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Apr 16, 2010
    6 replies
  • vba inserting row and keep range membership Solved/Closed

In VBA, how do I copy/insert (in place) a row and ensure that if the source row intersected a column range, that the new row would also be in the rang...

jbean | Latest reply: venkat1926 Apr 15, 2010
    3 replies
  • I need to get a sum from multiple 'IF' cells Solved/Closed

I have a spreadsheet with the following formula: =IF(ISNUMBER(E5), "20.00","") If data is entered in cell E5, the cell below it will have 20.00....

Hmmm.... | Latest reply: Hmmm.... Apr 13, 2010
    1 reply
  • match with conditional format in excel 2003 Solved/Closed

Hello Internet, I am in a bind here as I have exhausted my excel knowledge on this problem. I am looking for a way to highlight (in red) a cell wh...

ConfusedPeop... | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Apr 12, 2010
    11 replies
  • Excel 2007: Reading data from sheet to sheet Solved/Closed

I am trying to read data from sheet "a" cell to cell on sheet "b". I entered function "=sum('sheeta'!f20) in destination cell, but all I am getting ...

Stephen | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Apr 12, 2010
    1 reply
  • Excel VLOOKUP Macro Solved/Closed

Hello, I am working on a project to create a simple VLOOKUP. I have created the macro and it works well, but now I am looking for some advise on ...

froggy6703 | Latest reply: froggy6703 Apr 9, 2010
    8 replies
  • Interesting Question For Excel Champions Solved/Closed

Hello, Interesting Question Guys: Suppose Sheet 1 Is "Data" Sheet And There Are Too Many Rows... Like A3 Is S.No B3 Is Supplier Name C3 I...

Game Start Now | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Apr 9, 2010
    25 replies
  • coping rank for whole dataset in excel Solved/Closed

Hi i want to work out the ranks for my whole data set, if i type in the formula for the first line then drag it for the rest instead of working out ...

hols | Latest reply: hols Apr 9, 2010
    2 replies
  • Automation of running excel macros Solved/Closed

Hello, I have a macro in excel which needs to be run once a day and i dont even want to open the excel sheet. How can i make this process automatic...

aml | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Apr 8, 2010
    3 replies
  • how to align all common list in excel? Solved/Closed

i have 4 columns. the first two (A & B) columns are list of cheques i issued. then the other two (C & D) columns are list of cheques encashed from Ban...

ehlblackstar | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Apr 8, 2010
    3 replies
  • Coping Cells With A Loop Solved/Closed

Hello, I am stumped on what should be a very simple macro. I am running a macro that is using a look-up table to compare the values in column G. ...

froggy6703 | Latest reply: venkat1926 Apr 7, 2010
    1 reply
  • Help on Excel Formula Solved/Closed

I need to create a formula to give me with value and not TRUE/FALSE information. I did use the IF function, but it results in TRUE/FALSE and I need a...

teeco | Latest reply: venkat1926 Apr 6, 2010
    1 reply
  • Identify two or more are same or not in Excel Solved/Closed

Hi Everyone, I have an excel formula question that someone might can help me with. A B 1

SatGod | Latest reply: venkat1926 Apr 2, 2010
    1 reply
  • merge rows of similar data Solved/Closed

Hi, I am trying to merge various rows of data with a common headin in Column A. For example I have the following data: A 1 0 0 0 1 B 1 1 0 0 ...

Jay | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Mar 30, 2010
    1 reply
  • excel pro Solved/Closed

hi , i have some data like gvn below M/C SR NO. total b4 a4 cl4 k92661400 18632 8544 544 9544 K81667500 21844 18948 1948 948 H25102020 6756 8...

usha | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Mar 30, 2010
    6 replies
  • Filter duplicate entry with condition w excel Solved/Closed

Hi, I've 2 columns of data. Column A are repeated Test sequence and Column B are Status (OK / Fail). I would like to extract those test sequence wi...

Roger See | Latest reply: rogersee Mar 30, 2010
    2 replies
  • Find Max Valu every 10 rows &mark row as keep Solved/Closed

Hi, I need help creating a formula in excel to Identify the Highest and Lowest values Every 10 rows THEN Identify those two rows...

Jman | Latest reply: venkat1926 Mar 27, 2010
    3 replies
  • Compare numbers in two columns in Excel Solved/Closed

I appreciate any response to help me with this. I have two columns of numbers A B B.121 S.222 S.154 B.121 B.164 ...

rypton | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Mar 26, 2010
    1 reply
  • Excel Macro - using integers as cell referenc Solved/Closed

OK, I've written this and I'm having some trouble. I've put the comments in the code (preceded by ****) rather than giving you a summary here. I thi...

Andy May | Latest reply: Andy May Mar 24, 2010
    9 replies
  • Excel: Need Macro to run when value entered Solved/Closed

Hi! It's been a long time since I used VB. I seem to be a bit rusty, and I can't figure this out. What I need is for a specific macro to run when...

beka0422 | Latest reply: aquarelle Mar 24, 2010
    8 replies
  • Macro to Deleting Multiple Rows Solved/Closed

Hello, I am running a simple formula in excel to sort out duplicates from a given row, by adding the value "DUP" in a new column on the spreadsheet. ...

froggy6703 | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Mar 24, 2010
    1 reply
  • extracting data from specified columns Solved/Closed

I have some columns of data looking somewhat like this: data1...data2...data3 val.........val........val val.........val........val val............

shuvit | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Mar 19, 2010
    1 reply
  • Need help on an excel if/then in Macro Solved/Closed

I'm trying to create an If/Then in Macro for a cell which you input what GPM you want to use. The goal is to stop sales people from making errors and ...

Gman24 | Latest reply: Gman24 Mar 19, 2010
    2 replies
  • Copy down formula if cells on left non blank Solved/Closed

Hi, I need code to copy down a formula from R2 to R3, R4 , R5 etc only if H3, H4, H5 etc is nonblank. I also need to copy formulae from U2:CY2...

Cochise | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Mar 18, 2010
    1 reply
  • Compare two columns and delete duplicates Solved/Closed

I have a large amount of data that is supposed to be unique based on two columns (Column A, Column B). The combination of these two columns are not s...

tmiddlemas | Latest reply: tmiddlemas Mar 17, 2010
    2 replies
  • Compare 3 Columns excel Solved/Closed

Hello, I have to compare 3 columns (A,B AND C) filled with names and return, in another column (E), the list adding the names from the 3 columns (...

Lookup | Latest reply: Lookup Mar 16, 2010
    2 replies
  • Excel Macro to group by column & sum value Solved/Closed

Hi there, I need to write a macro for following example. Item Qty Length A 1 100 A 1 100 B 2 200 B 1 100 B 5 100 C 4 200 C 2 100 C...

Shital | Latest reply: Pearson24 Mar 16, 2010
    2 replies
  • Adding Cells Solved/Closed

Hello, I am trying to build a macro that allows me to input a number on Sheet1 and then on Sheet2, add that number of Cells. Example. Sheet1 ...

DC | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Mar 15, 2010
    6 replies
  • Help with Excel percentages Solved/Closed

Hello, Please bear with me as I a very new to this type of syntax with that said here we go. I have four date columns in Excel like so: P...

krzykris | Latest reply: krzykris Mar 15, 2010
    2 replies
  • assign Macro to all yellow highlighted cells Solved/Closed

Hello, I am in currently in a pickle ... I hope all the masters could lend a hand to this VBA noob... Right now i wrote a macro to copy all formula ...

Alby | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Mar 14, 2010
    3 replies
  • Excel VBA Msg Box when cell meets criteria Solved/Closed

Hello, Hi this will probably be very simple for someome however I am having a nightmare day, all I want is a vba formual which will bring up a mess...

Iangough16 | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Mar 13, 2010
    9 replies
  • Excel page linking Solved/Closed

Hello, I'm trying to link 5 pages which each have a total amount on, I am looking to put all the totals automatically on one page, what i am asking i...

Bubba | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Mar 13, 2010
    3 replies
  • How to make formula in excel cell for time? Solved/Closed

Hello, I want to make spread sheet with time in the Excel CELL How to do that? For example 1st cell should show 11hrs.56mins.05sec and next cell I ...

Ram | Latest reply: Excel dummy Mar 12, 2010
    2 replies
  • Marco to delete cells containing an interger Solved/Closed

Hello, I am stuck and would love some help. I have two Columns in Excel J and K. The two Columns contain numbers from 1 to 53. I would like to...

KareemB | Latest reply: KareemB Mar 12, 2010
    7 replies
  • Excel Solved/Closed

Hello, I have an excel file with Start dates, end dates, total day, and networkdays columns. I would like to average these number for the average to...

Mike | Latest reply: mike Mar 12, 2010
    5 replies
  • Problem with "Lastline" in VBA Excel 200 Solved/Closed

Hello, Let me start off by saying that I'm a VBA noob, and have never worked in it before. Basically, I inherited a spreadsheet which has a macro t...

Scream77 | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Mar 11, 2010
    1 reply