It is important that you keep your device's apps updated in order to avoid potential security problems and to get the most out of your device. In this article, we will explain what you can do so that your Android apps are updated easily and quickly.
How to update your apps using Google Play?
Android users can download apps from various different stores, the Google Play Store is the most well-known because, among other reasons, it comes pre-installed on Android devices.
Google Play is responsible for looking for updates automatically and will let you know when there is anything new. That said, you can access Google Play yourself and manually select which updates you want to find or install. In addition, from the submenu ‘My Applications and Games’, you can select the ‘Update All’ so that all pending app updates are downloaded together.
How to update your apps using the Samsung Galaxy Store?
In addition to the Google Play Store, Samsung devices also incorporate their own app store: the Galaxy Store. If you have a Samsung phone or tablet, you should be aware that certain latest updates are only available to be installed through the Galaxy Store.
In order to do so, you have to open the Samsung virtual store, choose the option ‘My Page’, and select ‘Update’. Here you have the possibility to either download the updates one by one, or all at once by selecting ‘Update All’. The number that appears in the adjacent circle will tell you how many apps are going to be updated.
How to update your apps using the Huawei App Gallery?
Like Samsung, Huawei has its own app store: the Huawei App Gallery. Due to the problems and limitations that may arise between the United States and China in terms of policy and technology, the Huawei store is expected to become increasingly independent of the Google Play Store.
If you use a Huawei device, you can update your apps through Google Play or by accessing the Huawei App Gallery and pressing ‘Management’, an option located at the bottom of the screen. From here, press ‘Updates’ and choose between updating the apps one at a time, or all together.
How to update your APK apps?
If for some reason you need to update an application directly as an APK, you will have to manually check which version you are using before downloading a later version.
First, press and hold the app icon to get this information. Then, go to a repository and look for the exact variant of the app you want to update for your phone model. When you find it, download the version you want and install it as you would any other app to complete the update.
Note: This method can be more complicated than if you were passing through an official App Store to update your apps.
- Android apps
- Android update apps manually
- Update apps automatically
- Manage and organize apps on Android > Guide
- Google Play Store > Download
- How to update Android auto > Guide
- Youtube desktop app for android > Download
- How to update emojis on android > Guide
- Codes for Huawei smartphones: test, reset, check
- Network error occurred: how to fix it on Android
- Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep mode on Android
- Create an Android folder shortcut on home screen
- Delete search suggestions on Android
- Split screen on Android: application picker, long touch
- Answer calls with the volume and power button on Android
- Add an area code on Android
- How to use Lucky Patcher: download app, features, etc
- Network notification: how to turn it off on Android
- Manage and backup game data on Android
- Auto retrieve messages on Android phone in roaming mode
- How to disable the internet on Android phone
- Increase ringtone volume when in pocket for Android
- How to use a song as a ringtone on Android
- Android scientific calculator: how to enable it
- Display contact number list: with name
- Reset Chrome settings on Android
- MMS and SMS delivery report on Android
- Share multiple contacts: iPhone, Android
- Connect AirPods with an Android phone: use, configure
- Disable in-app purchases: Android
- How to rename your android device in the Google Play Store?
- Connect Android to PC: via WiFi, USB
- How to turn off Android music player
- How to download APK: from Google Play Store, Android
- Android dial pad settings: change, enable/disable
- Filter unknown senders: Android, SMS
- How to enable auto reject mode Android
- How to disable mobile data: Android, Samsung
- Google text to speech: download, languages
- Sony Xperia: find my device, My Xperia
- How to enable Android Safe Search settings
- Create website shortcut on Android: tablet, phone
- How to turn off S Pen: Note 5, Note 9, Note 10
- How to reinstall Samsung internet: browser, on tablet
- Sort call logs by date on Android
- Optimize your Android phone's performance
- Make passwords visible: Android
- How to install APK files on Android
- How to pair SmartWatch with Android
- Update the Google Play Store app
- How to lock VLC screen: Android
- Enable content filtering on Google Play Store
- How to configure a proxy on Android?
- How to view desktop site: on mobile, on Android
- Clear system cache on Android
- How to hide or remove a media folder on Android?
- How to always show the scale bar in Google Maps on Android
- How to delete all tags in Shazam on Android?
- Recover deleted photos: Android, Android internal storage
- XAPK file: installer, means, format
- How to fix Error 491: on tablet, on Google Play
- Android emulators for PC
- Android phone RAM: check, cleaner, manager
- Set custom ringtone on Windows phone: WP7, WP8
- How to clear Google Drive cache on Android
- How to hide apps on Android
- Add subtitles to a video on Android for free
- How to unlock Android without internet
- Open a ZIP file on Android: read ZIP, RAR, and TAR files
- How to enable Wi-Fi on Samsung Galaxy tablet
- How to fix Error 923 on Android?
- Unlink apps from Google Plus account on Android
- How to display popup reminders on Android?
- How to get GPS location on Android
- How to reset to factory settings your Android device
- How to block ads on Android
- Turn off Autocorrect on Android
- How to deactivate Safe Mode on Android
- Remote TV apps for Android
- How to make conference calls on Android?
- How to move apps to a memory card?
- Show hidden files on Android: PC, deleted files
- Android is starting optimising app 1 of 1: how to fix
- Secret codes for Android: Samsung, devices, 2022
- Show Android calendar week numbers
- Android IP address: check, changer
- How to use Android SD card as internal storage