How to reset to factory settings your Android device
If you are experiencing recurring malfunctions with your smartphone, it might be necessary to perform a hard reset. This procedure is the same for most Android phones but it is worth noting that before you perform a hard reset you should backup your phone, as all your personal data and settings will be erased.
How to reset to factory settings from settings?
- Go to Settings > Accounts > Backup and Reset.
- Tap on Factory data reset.
Note that: On some phone models, this option can be accessed from the privacy settings.
How to reset to factory settings from the device?
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Up volume button and Power button simultaneously for a couple of seconds.
- Wait until the logo is displayed to release the Power button (but keep the volume button pressed).
- A menu will then be displayed.
- Move across the menu using the Volume keys.
- Click on Wipe Data/Factory Reset and validate with the Power button.
any more questions about android? check out our forum!
Around the same subject
- Hard data reset
- Hard reset dell laptop > Guide
- Samsung hard reset code > Guide
- Reset outlook > Guide
- How to reset windows 10 password without logging in > Guide
- Copy data from one Excel sheet to another: automatically > Guide