Whether you're looking to hide a certain app from nosy friends or get rid of those pre-installed apps for which you have no use, Android has got you covered. This quick guide will teach you how to hide apps on your Android device.
What are the alternatives?
If you do not want to search for the native feature of your phone to hide apps, you can opt for this alternative:
- Download and install the app named App Hider.
- Once installed, open App Hider.
- Select all the apps you want to hide and follow the hiding process.
How to hide apps on Xiaomi phones?
Before hiding apps on Xiaomi, you need to enable what is called the app-lock feature.
- Open your Settings.
Search App lock and open it.
Configure the App lock pattern
Once configured, click on Hidden apps at the top of the menu (next to App lock)
Choose the apps you want to hide and finish the process that explains to you how to find them.
How to hide apps on LG phones?
- Long-press the home screen to open up Home Screen Settings.
Open the Hide apps option.
Choose all the apps you want to hide.
Confirm and tap the Done button.
How to hide apps on Huawei phones?
Huawei features PrivateSpace which allows you to hide your apps as well as files and protect them using your fingerprint. However, you cannot move your apps from your home screen to PrivateSpace, so you will have to download them again in the PrivateSpace dedicated folder.
- Set up PrivateSpace, go to Settings > Security & privacy > PrivateSpace.
Download any apps you want to keep private.
How to hide apps on Samsung Phones?
- Open the App drawer.
- Tap the three dots at the top right of the screen.
- Open Home Screen Settings (or just Settings on some device).
- Select Hide apps.
Choose all the apps you want to hide.
How to hide apps on OnePlus phones?
OnePlus phones have the Hidden folder Space feature that lets you hide your apps and even set a password.
Open the app drawer and swipe right.
Tap the + to add apps and tap the checkmark to confirm.
Tap the three dots in the top right corner.
Choose Enable password and set a password.
- How to hide apps in lenovo tab
- How to hide apps in lenovo tab m10
- How to hide app in lenovo tab
- How to hide app store on ipad > Guide
- How to close all tabs in Google Chrome on Android > Guide
- How to appear offline on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android, web > Guide
- Show hidden files on Android > Guide
- How to restore missing App Store icon on iPhone/iPod > Guide
- Secret codes for Android phones
- Android IP address: check, changer
- Network error occurred: how to fix it on Android
- Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep mode on Android
- Create an Android folder shortcut on home screen
- Delete search suggestions on Android
- Add an area code on Android
- Manage and backup game data on Android
- Answer calls with the volume and power button on Android
- Network notification: how to turn it off on Android
- Split screen on Android: application picker, long touch
- Auto retrieve messages on Android phone in roaming mode
- Share multiple contacts: iPhone, Android
- Increase ringtone volume when in pocket for Android
- MMS and SMS delivery report on Android
- Android scientific calculator: how to enable it
- Manage and organize apps on Android
- How to download APK: from Google Play Store, Android
- Reset Chrome settings on Android
- How to rename your android device in the Google Play Store?
- Codes for Huawei smartphones: test, reset, check
- How to use a song as a ringtone on Android
- How to disable the internet on Android phone
- How to use Lucky Patcher: download app, features, etc
- How to use Android SD card as internal storage
- How to turn off Android music player
- Optimize your Android phone's performance
- How to Enable the Equalizer on VLC For Android
- Use AirPods with an Android phone
- How to reinstall Samsung internet: browser, on tablet
- Update the Google Play Store app
- Display contact number list: with name
- How to enable Android Safe Search settings
- How to disable mobile data: Android, Samsung
- Android dial pad settings: change, enable/disable
- How to enable auto reject mode Android
- Filter unknown senders: Android, SMS
- Sony Xperia: find my device, My Xperia
- How to turn off S Pen: Note 5, Note 9, Note 10
- Google text to speech: download, languages
- Sort call logs by date on Android
- How to update Android auto
- Disable images in Chrome Android: 2020, 2019
- Show Android calendar week numbers
- Connect Android to PC: wifi, Windows 10, USB
- Open a ZIP file on Android: read ZIP, RAR, and TAR files
- Make passwords visible: Android
- How to configure a proxy on Android?
- Create website shortcut on Android: tablet, phone
- Download videos from websites: Chrome, iPhone, app
- How to view desktop site: on mobile, on Android
- Recover deleted photos: Android, Android internal storage
- How to clear Google Drive cache on Android
- Enable content filtering on the Google Play Store
- How to pair SmartWatch with Android
- How to lock VLC screen: Android
- Android phone RAM: check, cleaner, manager
- How to fix Error 491: on tablet, on Google Play
- Popup reminder on Android
- How To Hard Reset Your Samsung Galaxy
- Clear system cache on Android
- Unlink apps from Google Plus account on Android
- Reset Sony Xperia: to factory settings, hard reset
- XAPK file: installer, means, format
- How to hide or remove a media folder on Android?
- Android emulators for PC
- How to reset to factory settings your Android device
- Set custom ringtone on Windows phone: WP7, WP8
- How to fix Error 923 on Android?
- How to make conference calls on Android?
- How to always show the scale bar in Google Maps on Android
- Block camera and microphone on google chrome: Android
- Add subtitles to video: Android, free
- How to enable Wi-Fi on Samsung Galaxy tablet
- Turn off Autocorrect on Android
- How to get GPS location on Android
- Disable in-app purchases: Android
- How to install APK files on Android
- How to update apps on Android automatically
- Remote TV apps for Android
- How to unlock Android without internet
- Deactivate Safe Mode Android
- How to delete all tags in Shazam: Android
- How to block ads on Android