You may need more memory to fully enjoy your smartphone, especially if it has limited capacity because it is low or medium range, or if you use many apps. However, the latest versions of Android change the way you can move an application to your phone's SD memory card. Here we'll explain how to do it.
The latest Android updates (since Mashmallow) complicate the way you move applications installed on your phone to the memory card. These changes have a great advantage: they reinforce the security of the device and improve the functioning of the apps. Next, we explain in detail the steps you should follow.
How to set up your memory card?
First, you must reconfigure your SD card by converting to internal storage. This process involves formatting the card, so we recommend you make a backup first, just to be safe in case there is a problem. Also remember that when you start this process, your SD card will become the internal memory of the phone and therefore you will not be able to extract it with the same ease as before, since the operation of your device will depend in part on the information the card will contain.
When you insert the SD card, a notification will appear in the top drop-down menu. Select Configure and choose the option Use as internal storage. Then, you must press Delete and format. Remember to have the battery well charged, since this process involves considerable energy consumption.
How to migrate data?
After completing the previous step, your phone is likely to show you a message stating that your card is not fast enough. Don't worry: it's normal and it's because your phone's system uses the SD card as partial storage.
Next, go to Settings, and choose Storage. Find the SD card, select it and open the additional menu (it is the icon with three vertical dots, it is at the top right). In that drop-down menu, select Migrate data.
How to move apps to the card?
After finishing that migration, which can take several minutes, you can transfer the applications to your SD card. This part of the process must be repeated for each app that you transfer to your SD memory. Remember that system applications (Google Maps, YouTube, Chrome, etc.) cannot move to the card.
Are you ready for the final step? Open Settings, go to Applications, and choose an app. In the Storage option, press Change and choose your SD card. You must repeat this last step with each application.
- How do i remove icons from my android home screen?
- SD card password: lock, forgot, remover > Guide
- How to use Android SD card as internal storage > Guide
- Memory card is write protected > Guide
- Memory card password remover code > Forum - Pen Drive/USB Key/SD Card
- Where i can scan virus online to remove virus [solved] > Forum - Viruses/Security
- Secret codes for Android: Samsung, devices, 2022
- Codes for Huawei smartphones: test, reset, check
- Show hidden files on Android: PC, deleted files
- Network error occurred: how to fix it on Android
- Android IP address: check, changer
- Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep mode on Android
- Delete search suggestions on Android
- Split screen on Android: application picker, long touch
- Answer calls with the volume and power button on Android
- How to use a song as a ringtone on Android
- How to use Lucky Patcher: download app, features, etc
- Create an Android folder shortcut on home screen
- Manage and backup game data on Android
- Network notification: how to turn it off on Android
- Add an area code on Android
- How to update apps on Android automatically
- How to disable the internet on Android phone
- Auto retrieve messages on Android phone in roaming mode
- Android scientific calculator: how to enable it
- Display contact number list: with name
- Increase ringtone volume when in pocket for Android
- Reset Chrome settings on Android
- Connect AirPods with an Android phone: use, configure
- MMS and SMS delivery report on Android
- Connect Android to PC: via WiFi, USB
- Share multiple contacts: iPhone, Android
- How to turn off Android music player
- Manage and organize apps on Android
- Filter unknown senders: Android, SMS
- Google text to speech: download, languages
- How to rename your android device in the Google Play Store?
- How to enable auto reject mode Android
- How to download APK: from Google Play Store, Android
- How to enable Android Safe Search settings
- Android dial pad settings: change, enable/disable
- Sony Xperia: find my device, My Xperia
- Disable in-app purchases: Android
- How to turn off S Pen: Note 5, Note 9, Note 10
- Optimize your Android phone's performance
- Sort call logs by date on Android
- Update the Google Play Store app
- Make passwords visible: Android
- How to disable mobile data: Android, Samsung
- How to always show the scale bar in Google Maps on Android
- Enable content filtering on Google Play Store
- How to lock VLC screen: Android
- How to reinstall Samsung internet: browser, on tablet
- How to pair SmartWatch with Android
- Create website shortcut on Android: tablet, phone
- How to install APK files on Android
- How to update Android auto
- Show Android calendar week numbers
- How to hide or remove a media folder on Android?
- How to configure a proxy on Android?
- Android phone RAM: check, cleaner, manager
- How to view desktop site: on mobile, on Android
- How to fix Error 491: on tablet, on Google Play
- Recover deleted photos: Android, Android internal storage
- Add subtitles to a video on Android for free
- Set custom ringtone on Windows phone: WP7, WP8
- Clear system cache on Android
- How to delete all tags in Shazam on Android?
- How to reset to factory settings your Android device
- How to unlock Android without internet
- How to hide apps on Android
- How to fix Error 923 on Android?
- How to enable Wi-Fi on Samsung Galaxy tablet
- How to display popup reminders on Android?
- How to block ads on Android
- XAPK file: installer, means, format
- Android emulators for PC
- Turn off Autocorrect on Android
- How to get GPS location on Android
- Remote TV apps for Android
- Unlink apps from Google Plus account on Android
- How to clear Google Drive cache on Android
- Open a ZIP file on Android: read ZIP, RAR, and TAR files
- How to deactivate Safe Mode on Android
- How to make conference calls on Android?
- Android is starting optimising app 1 of 1: how to fix
- Enable Developer Options: Android, Xiaomi, Huawei