XAPK file: installer, means, format
Those of you who love downloading apps for Android phone from third-party sources might be already familiar with APK (Android Package Kit) file extension. It eases the download of unofficial and geo-restricted apps to your smartphone. There is a new file extension that emerged recently – XAPK. In this article, we explain what is it, why do you need to know about XAPK files and how to install them.
Installing an application on Android is easy, as you only have to download and open it. Installing APK files on Android devices isn't too complicated either, since most of the time they come packaged and ready to be installed, and you just need to have your device properly configured for the installation to flow. The installation of XAPK files is also not such a complicated process, you just need to follow some simple steps described below.
What are XAPK files?
XAPK files are little known among Android users, but everything points to the fact that they will be more and more present in the day-to-day life of the Google operating system. An XAPK file is something like an APK file, only the XAPK includes additional OBB data that allows it to be identified by the device and work better on Android.
Normally, XAPK files are used in the gaming world for downloads that take place outside the official Google Play Store. In fact, the heavier games with developed graphics, such as PUBG or Asphalt 9, tend to focus on the XAPK format because it includes more information such as SD data and OBB, but all packaged in the same place.
How to install XAPK files?
Installing an XAPK file directly is not possible, first of all, you need to prepare your device and download a specialized installer that makes your Android device able to recognize the XAPK file.
If you're using Android 8.0 or earlier, you must first enable the installation of non-Google Play Store applications.
1. Open your Android device's Settings and go to the Security option. Next, enable installation from Unknown Sources. This will allow your phone to install files and apps downloaded from outside the Play Store. Go to the Play Store app and disable the Google Play Protect option as well.
If you're using a later version of Android 8.0, you won't have to follow this first step: your device will automatically redirect you to Security settings.
2. Download an XAPK file installer. A good option is a free XAPK Installer for Android. As an alternative to this installer, you can also use APKPure's XAPK Installer. Remember that since this is not an app downloaded from the Play Store, once the download is complete, you will need to open the folder where you saved the installer package and run it to get the XAPK Installer Android working.
3. Open XAPK Installer and enable the program to access your files and image folders. As a final step, all you have to do is to download the selected XAPK files on your phone and then open them directly using the XAPK Installer Android.
- Xapk meaning
- What is xapk
- Xapk installer
- What does VOSTFR mean? > Guide
- What is an NFT: meaning, crypto, marketplace > Guide
- How to make money on OnlyFans: as a woman, as a male > Guide
- How to see starred messages in WhatsApp: Android, iPhone > Guide
- Digital convergence: meaning, technologies, examples > Guide