Those of you who love downloading apps for Android phone from third-party sources might be already familiar with APK (Android Package Kit) file extension. It eases the download of unofficial and geo-restricted apps to your smartphone. There is a new file extension that emerged recently – XAPK. In this article, we explain what is it, why do you need to know about XAPK files and how to install them.
Installing an application on Android is easy, as you only have to download and open it. Installing APK files on Android devices isn't too complicated either, since most of the time they come packaged and ready to be installed, and you just need to have your device properly configured for the installation to flow. The installation of XAPK files is also not such a complicated process, you just need to follow some simple steps described below.
What are XAPK files?
XAPK files are little known among Android users, but everything points to the fact that they will be more and more present in the day-to-day life of the Google operating system. A XAPK file is something like an APK file, only the XAPK includes additional OBB data that allows it to be identified by the device and work better on Android.
Normally, XAPK files are used in the gaming world for downloads that take place outside the official Google Play Store. In fact, the heavier games with developed graphics, such as PUBG or Asphalt 9, tend to focus on the XAPK format because it includes more information such as SD data and OBB, but all packaged in the same place.
How to install XAPK files?
Installing an XAPK file directly is not possible, first of all, you need to prepare your device and download a specialized installer that makes your Android device able to recognize the XAPK file.
If you're using Android 8.0 or earlier, you must first enable the installation of non-Google Play Store applications.
1. Open your Android device's Settings and go to the Security option. Next, enable installation from Unknown Sources. This will allow your phone to install files and apps downloaded from outside the Play Store. Go to the Play Store app and disable the Google Play Protect option as well.
If you're using a later version of Android 8.0, you won't have to follow this first step: your device will automatically redirect you to Security settings.
2. Download an XAPK file installer. A good option is a free XAPK Installer for Android. As an alternative to this installer, you can also use APKPure's XAPK Installer. Remember that since this is not an app downloaded from the Play Store, once the download is complete, you will need to open the folder where you saved the installer package and run it to get the XAPK Installer Android working.
3. Open XAPK Installer and enable the program to access your files and image folders. As a final step, all you have to do is to download the selected XAPK files on your phone and then open them directly using the XAPK Installer Android.
- How to open xapk file
- What is xapk
- What is xapk file
- Shortcut key to permanently delete file > Guide
- What are dos files
- The main idm executive file is damaged [solved] > Forum - Viruses/Security
- F2 is the shortcut key to rename the file or folder [solved] > Forum - Keyboard
- Can't attach files in gmail > Guide
- Secret codes for Android phones
- Android IP address: check, changer
- Network error occurred: how to fix it on Android
- Show hidden files on Android
- Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep mode on Android
- Create an Android folder shortcut on home screen
- Delete search suggestions on Android
- Add an area code on Android
- Manage and backup game data on Android
- Answer calls with the volume and power button on Android
- Network notification: how to turn it off on Android
- Split screen on Android: application picker, long touch
- Auto retrieve messages on Android phone in roaming mode
- Share multiple contacts: iPhone, Android
- Increase ringtone volume when in pocket for Android
- MMS and SMS delivery report on Android
- Android scientific calculator: how to enable it
- Manage and organize apps on Android
- How to download APK: from Google Play Store, Android
- Reset Chrome settings on Android
- How to rename your android device in the Google Play Store?
- Codes for Huawei smartphones: test, reset, check
- How to use a song as a ringtone on Android
- How to disable the internet on Android phone
- Disable in-app purchases (Android)
- How to use Lucky Patcher: download app, features, etc
- How to use Android SD card as internal storage
- How to turn off Android music player
- Optimize your Android phone's performance
- How to Enable the Equalizer on VLC For Android
- Use AirPods with an Android phone
- How to reinstall Samsung internet: browser, on tablet
- Update the Google Play Store app
- Display contact number list: with name
- How to enable Android Safe Search settings
- How to disable mobile data: Android, Samsung
- Android dial pad settings: change, enable/disable
- How to enable auto reject mode Android
- Filter unknown senders: Android, SMS
- Sony Xperia: find my device, My Xperia
- How to turn off S Pen: Note 5, Note 9, Note 10
- Google text to speech: download, languages
- Sort call logs by date on Android
- How to update Android auto
- Disable images in Chrome Android: 2020, 2019
- Show Android calendar week numbers
- Connect Android to PC: wifi, Windows 10, USB
- Open a ZIP file on Android: read ZIP, RAR, and TAR files
- Make passwords visible: Android
- How to configure a proxy on Android?
- Create website shortcut on Android: tablet, phone
- Download videos from websites: Chrome, iPhone, app
- How to view desktop site: on mobile, on Android
- Recover deleted photos: Android, Android internal storage
- How to clear Google Drive cache on Android
- Enable content filtering on the Google Play Store
- How to pair SmartWatch with Android
- How to lock VLC screen: Android
- Android phone RAM: check, cleaner, manager
- How to fix Error 491: on tablet, on Google Play
- Popup reminder on Android
- How To Hard Reset Your Samsung Galaxy
- Clear system cache on Android
- Unlink apps from Google Plus account on Android
- Reset Sony Xperia: to factory settings, hard reset
- How to hide or remove a media folder on Android?
- Android emulators for PC
- Turn Off Autocorrect on Android
- How to reset to factory settings your Android device
- Set custom ringtone on Windows phone: WP7, WP8
- How to fix Error 923 on Android?
- How to make conference calls on Android?
- How to always show the scale bar in Google Maps on Android
- Block camera and microphone on google chrome: Android
- Add subtitles to video: Android, free
- How to enable Wi-Fi on Samsung Galaxy tablet
- How to hide apps on Android
- How to get GPS location on Android
- How to install APK files on Android
- How to update apps on Android automatically
- How to unlock Android without internet
- Deactivate Safe Mode Android
- How to delete all tags in Shazam: Android
- How to block ads on Android