Ask a question Report

My laptop Toshiba wont work (black screen) [Solved/Closed]

Clumsyelectronicuser 7Posts Tuesday April 17, 2012Registration date April 18, 2012 Last seen - Latest answer on Oct 19, 2012 07:12AM
Hello,
My laptop wont turn on(screen) everything is working fine even the lights on the bottom left hand side is on and the fans are working D; but not the screen its just pitch black!!! please help ASAP IM going to get done by my parents D;
My laptop type: TOSHIBA Windows 7 Satellite
Is this right?
The problem: i tried to turn it on and it wont work its just a black screen all together no faint screen orthe windows logo or a loading bar. Its just black no lights as well!
What happend: i was going some research on my computer and I dropped my iPhone on the keyboard and it wasnt a high fall or anything but its just that it turned blank.. But before the computer was working fine it was charging but the battery is faulty you know when it only charges on one position... Help please!!
Things I have tried: ive tried the ones posted here like turning the laptop off and then taking out all the wires and then taking the battery out and thats all. I got up to Dx help please that one didnt work at all......... Because it just blank.
COMPLETELY BLANK! I was just doing something and it went blank i thought it was the battery but its charging now and it not working when i tried that meathod......
Read more 
Answer
+522
moins plus
Hello,

Try this 1

1) Unplug the power cord --> Remove the battery --> Hold the power button for

60 seconds --> Connect the power supply then try to switch ON the laptop and

later put the battery back into the laptop.

2) If the problem still exists then click on the below link and follow the instructions

http://en.kioskea.net/faq/9066-display-problem-laptop

Good Luck

Tammy- Jun 17, 2012 10:12PM
thAnks it worked for me too.
Polo- Oct 6, 2012 01:17AM
worked like a charm!!!! thank u so much
kristina g.- Oct 7, 2012 06:05PM
That. Was. BRILLIANT. Thanks!
Coffs2450 1Posts Tuesday October 9, 2012Registration date October 9, 2012 Last seen - Oct 9, 2012 10:39PM
Great advice. It worked a charm. Thank you for helping an "L" plate computer user.
Karen100 1Posts Friday October 19, 2012Registration date October 19, 2012 Last seen - Oct 19, 2012 07:12AM
Oh wow! Thanks so much! Out of interest, dyou know what would have been wrong with it and why that worked?
Answer
+14
moins plus
After you drop something on a laptop you have to suspect physical damage to the motherboard or most likely the hard drive. Hard drives are very sensitive to g-shock. Most hard drives shut down when dropped to avoid this damage. But, you dropped the iPhone on the laptop. Which also subjects the hard drive to g-shock. The good thing is - hard drives are easy and relatively cheap to replace.

Just say "Dad the laptop quit".

Good Luck

Clumsyelectronicuser 7Posts Tuesday April 17, 2012Registration date April 18, 2012 Last seen - Apr 18, 2012 01:24AM
It wknt work not teres jo exhaust going like whining no sound Dx im so done for :(
jelly- Jul 2, 2012 03:15PM
Thanks a lot my boyfriend would've killed me if he came back and saw his laptop like that with a black screen woo glad I dodged that bullett
thegamer- Oct 7, 2012 10:16AM
Just tried this this morning i was so scared. Works like a charm!!!!!!!!
This document entitled « My laptop Toshiba wont work (black screen) » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.