There's power, but no output on monitor and mouse/keyboard, beep [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question denzelchung 3Posts Saturday December 14, 2013Registration date December 15, 2013 Last seen - Last answered on Feb 1, 2017 at 11:17 PM by jeff00
Hello,

My PC was still working yesterday, but while playing a First Person Shooter game, my monitor started displaying weird things (similar to the one in the link to the image below) and my mouse and keyboard became unresponsive (no power). After a few seconds, my PC shut down automatically.
I tried turning it on immediately after that, and it happened again on startup (see image below). It shut down by itself again.

After that, if I press the power button, my PC will have power supply and lights, but there's no connection to my monitor, mouse, and keyboard.
I tried taking out the graphics card and place it back in, but it's still the same.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk279/magerox26/image_zps148a55a8.jpeg

I browsed through this forum and tried unplugging every single wire and holding the power button for 30 seconds, but it's not helping.

After turning on my PC for a while, my PC went off by itself and then came back on and gave a single beep.

Is there something wrong with my graphics card? Or is it some other problem (e.g. motherboard)?
See more 
Helpful
+4
plus moins
I tried removing my graphics card and plugging my monitor into the default pin, and my PC was able to boot up. So I bought a new graphics card, and my PC is working fine now.
Was this answer helpful?  
Helpful
+1
plus moins
That does not look good it could be your motherboard.
1)When starting your computer up keep pressing f8 until a screen with few stuff 2)comes up but stop pressing f8 when you hear a beep.
After you do that click repair computer on top and see if it fixes problems.
If that does not help try doing the step 1 and 2 again this time select last known good configuration.
If that does not help do the step 1 and 2 and this time click low resolution if it works fine that means its graphic card.
Helpful
+1
plus moins
Hello,

Try this 1

Check your RAM also. Even bad RAM results in such problems.

Remove the RAM from the slot, clean it and place it back properly or try

another slot.

If you are having two RAMs then remove it, place only one RAM and check if you

are able to use your PC without any issue. If the problem still exists then change

the slot. If the problem still exists then try the above procedure with the other

RAM. If you have no idea about RAM, then click on the below hyperlinks

"Images".

RAM

Removing a RAM

Good Luck
Dawood- Jul 3, 2016 at 02:40 PM
Works through your instruction I'm sorted
Scorp1967 4Posts Tuesday September 13, 2016Registration date January 6, 2017 Last seen - Sep 13, 2016 at 05:06 PM
After doing this it work and I am so greatfull for your help. Googled my question and came upon this ccm page, where I saw your post. Thank you so much...... and yes I had to look at the pictures to see what a ram looked like and where it is situated, hehehehe, at my age I am still learning what most have forgotten. Thanks again
Lyn- Oct 25, 2016 at 08:56 PM
This worked for us as well. Power to the tower but not keyboard, mouse or monitor. Put a couple sticks of RAM in we had laying around and bam, problem fixed. Was a bad stick causing the conflict.
Helpful
+0
plus moins
I tried removing my graphics card and plugging my monitor into the default pin, and my PC was able to boot up. So I bought a new graphics card, and my PC is working fine now.
Helpful
+0
plus moins
The exact same thing happened to me today. Someone online suggested that my computer might be hung up on system resume. For some reason the system resume wasn't waking up the monitor (no hdmi signal), and the keyboard appeared to have no power. My mouse was only momentarily powered when i turned the computer on, then the mouse light went off.

The trick for me was to clear out the system resume. Apparently the system resume is stored in the computers RAM/capacitors, so it says with the computer even if you turn off the computer and unplug it.

To solve this:
1) Turn off computer and unplug
2) While the computer is unplugged, hold the Power button for like 20 seconds. This will clear out the RAM.
3) Plug in computer and it should work.

Alternate:
Hold the F8 key for safe mode. I didn't try this myself, but I heard this worked for other people even when their keyboard seemed like it didn't have any power.
Leave a comment
Helpful
plus moins
Didn't work
Leave a comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?