Google Chrome loads very slow. [Solved/Closed]

Julz_X - Mar 29, 2015 at 12:40 PM - Latest reply:  Kathleen564
- Nov 16, 2017 at 04:12 PM
Hi, I looked on other forums to see if other people had the same problems, but none of the solutions listed there worked.
My problem is:
When using google chrome, the loading thing first turns anticlockwise for ages, and then clockwise and the page loads. I have tried emptying cache, reinstalling twice and resetting. Nothing seems to work. It's not my internet connection because IE and Firefox work fine.
Here's my add-ons:
- Hola
- ABP
- Avast!

OS_2: Windows 7
RAM: 2GB
GPU: Nvidia GTX 750 Ti
CPU: 1,8 Ghz

Thanks,
Julz_X
See more 

35 replies

jack4rall 6524 Posts Sunday June 6, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus December 30, 2015 Last seen - Updated by Jeff on 24/03/17 at 11:47 AM
+94
Helpful
Hello,

Try this 1.

1) Click on Start --> In search box, type
cmd
--> Then "CMD" will be displayed in the search --> Now right-click on "CMD" ---> Select "Run as administrator".

2) Now enter this command

netsh winsock reset
--> Press Enter.

Restart your PC.

Good Luck
Worked perfectly. Thank you.
Thanks. I had a hard drive failure and found this slow Chrome start up annoying. This fixed it! :o)
Frank
I have tried many different solutions during past couple of months. This is the first one that really solved the problem. Thanks!
Happend a few times still helps
OMG!! You are my hero.

Mr. Jack, If there is any justice in this life, Chrome should send you a BIG FAT CHECK!

I intend to sacrifice a jelly donut to honor you.

Seriously, a short concise answer, clear-easy to follow instructions; and it works like a champ! Lets hope your style catches on.
+5
Helpful
My Chrome was very slow to load and "netsh winsock reset --> Press Enter."
fixed it. Thanks. (I would have thought google would find an easier fix)