PC wont post / stuck in blackscreen after BIOS Update [Solved]

Ask a question dillmann96 - Latest answer on Jan 23, 2016 02:24PM
Hello,
I built a new System yesterday and after I finally was done building everything seemed to worke fine.
When I tried to use the front USB 3.0 ports, my USB stick would not be recognized (it was in the USB 2 port).
I thought it might be a BIOS issue, so I got the newest BIOS (version 2.3) for my ASROCK FM2A78M Pro 4+ and updated it using their windows tool.
It seemed to flash just fine and said, that it successfully updated.
Then it shut down and when it turned on again the following happened.
The fans start spinning, you can hear the usuall "noise" of a PC booting and then all the noise stops and the only thing that remains are the spinning fans.
Here is what I have tried so far and I am really out of ideas:
(all with the power cord pulled out)
i) turn it off and on again
ii) Use the jumper to clear CMOS
iii) use the jumper to clear CMOS, remove the battery for a minute and press the power button for 15 sec to unload any capacitors
iiii) remove the battery for 1h and press the power button for 15 sec to unload any capacitors
iiiii) remove all Ram to see if I get any audio error => nothing
I would be super happy, if oyu guys could help me.
Here is the setup:
ASRock FM2A78M Pro4+
8GB (2x 4096MB) G.Skill SNIPER DDR3-2133
AMD A10 Series 7850K
EKL Ben Nevis Tower cooler
250GB Samsung 850 Evo
bequiet L8 350W
Windows 10 home premium
thank you in advance and have a good day
See more 
Helpful
+5
moins plus
Thank you for your advice xpcman.
I read, that it is a very bad sign, if I heare no error code, when I try to post wihtout any memory, and that the board is probably unusable even with a new bios chip. Do you agree?
Can you guess how likely it is that a new BIOS chip will do the trick?

Thank you very much for your help
xpcman 15798Posts Wednesday October 8, 2008Registration date ModeratorStatus September 25, 2016 Last seen - Jan 22, 2016 12:11PM
Probably only a 50 percent chance. If it was me I would replace the motherboard since it will take weeks to find a BIOS replacement and cost half of what a new one will.

Good Luck
Add comment
Helpful
+2
moins plus
Thank you very much for your answers.

I contacted my retailer and they agreed to check it and send me a new one if the old one doesn't work with them.
Add comment
Helpful
+1
moins plus
This is a classic example of a failed BIOS update. I would contact ASRock to obtain a new correctly programmed BIOS chip.

Good Luck
Add comment

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!