My internet explorer keeps shutting down

Solved/Closed
laura - Apr 17, 2009 at 12:07 PM
 les - Apr 14, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Hello,
I'm having some troubles with my wireless laptop! It either won't load up and says internet explorer is experiencing problems or it shuts down all the time. I've found it tends to shut down when I try to close pop up adverts or watch things online. I'm completely computer illiterate so any help (in simple terms) would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Thanks
Related:

6 responses

Click on tools-Internet Options-Advanced-security- Uncheck the box enable third party brower ext files in IE.
My explorer does the same thing and I don't have viruses or malware or anything like that. I scan for these things constantly. I have been told that uploading a newer version of Flash player will fix this, but I have the newest version! I have been told that numerous different things could be causing it, but everytime I look into it, that doesn't fix it! I am wits end and have started using Google Chrome. No crashes since, period.
thunder55 > KAC
Apr 24, 2010 at 06:03 PM
this is all not true, I have done all the above and still get knocked off, I have avast, no virus, I have malywarebytes which by the way is excellent and still no virus, its is also free and I still get bumped off, I have all the java updates, I have the adobe updates everthing updated still get knocked off, I like to play spades on msn.com and it is fun, it wont let me play with fire fox, or any other browser like opera ect...... so I need to use internet explorer 8, I can play sometimes a full game of spades then the next time I play bang right in the middle of maybe two more plays I get knocked off, that makes my score go low down, I am at my wit end if anyone can truly help let me know. thanks