3DP Chip is a free program to scan all your computer's components quickly, extract all their metadata, and install new drivers. It is functional and efficient.
What is 3DP Chip?
3DP Chip is a driver updater solution designed by 3DP and is part of the 3DP suite, which includes 3DP Net (used to install network drivers without internet) and 3DP Bench (a CPU benchmarking tool that requires Adobe Flash Player).
If retrieving useful component information can be challenging, finding which devices need driver updates and downloading the proper drivers can be even harder and more error-prone. Everyone has experienced driver issues after installing or updating their OS, which can be very frustrating and time-consuming to fix without reinstalling the entire OS. 3DP Chip is an all-in-one solution that can retrieve all your devices' data, detect which ones need updates, and redirect you to the correct driver downloads.
What are the key features of 3DP Chip?
- Interface: 3DP Chip has a slight learning curve due to its minimalistic interface. As there are no explanations for each icon, you may need to find out what each element does on your own.
- Scan components: 3DP Chip can scan your entire computer and extract information about your motherboard, CPU, video card, sound card, network card, and more. It is particularly useful for identifying what components make up your setup and can help troubleshoot any issues (for example, you can check detailed information like the maximum temperature before your motherboard shuts down).
- Install drivers: Once you have scanned all your components, you can select the ones you want to update and download updated drivers for each. If new drivers are available, 3DP Chip can also uncover those that may have been lost previously.
- Export: All listed information can be easily copied to your clipboard for exporting, which is particularly useful when communicating with IT professionals.
- Support: If you encounter any issues, you can easily reach the support team.
How to use 3DP Chip?
Before performing any updates, it's a good idea to make a backup of the current state of your components in case you need to revert your changes. To perform a backup, go to Driver > Backup.
- Once launched, you will see all the information related to your system and its components. Those components that require an update will be marked with an exclamation mark.
- To install new driver versions, click on the component you want to update, and you will be redirected to the official download page where you can find the appropriate version.
Is 3DP Chip free?
Yes, 3DP Chip is completely free to use.
Is 3DP Chip safe?
Yes, 3DP Chip is safe to use since it does not contain any malware or viruses.