Windows Media Player is the world's most popular media playing program. It lets users participate in network sharing among other things. However, if it is not required, you can disable the Windows Media Player Network Sharing feature. We will show you how to do so in this article.
Disable Windows Media Player Network Sharing
- Click on Start > type "services.msc" in the search field and press Enter.
- In the "Services" window, look for the following entry:
- Windows Media Player Network Sharing Services
- Double click and set the "Startup type" as "Disabled"
- Click on OK to validate.
This service is only required for Homegroup sharing and can be safely disabled!
Image: © 123RF.com
- Windows media player network sharing service
- Windows media player sharing - Best answers
- Disable windows media player sharing - Best answers
- Windows media player share to tv - Guide
- Windows media player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. there might not be a sound device i - Forum - Drivers
- Sound device ✓ - Forum - Drivers
- How to transfer music from windows media player to ipod without itunes ✓ - Forum - ITunes
- How to make a dvd with pictures and music with windows media player - How-To - Software