If you still have some files remaining after uninstalling a program using Add / Remove Programs in XP, for example, the uninstalled the program still appear in your control panel. This trick can help you to remove these files.
Warning: This trick can not uninstall software, but only withdraw it from the Add/Remove Programs list. To do this use the Windows uninstall or use specialized software as shown here.
How to remove files after uninstalling programs?
To remove the entry you must go into and open the registry. You will need to make up a backup of the registry as any action taken is irreversible. Once that is done, follow these steps.
- Select Start, then Run, then type "regedit" and press the Enter key.
- Find the key:
- The tree on the left are the entries to these programs available in Add/Remove Programs.
- Select the entry to delete, then click the right mouse button and select Delete.
- Click Yes to accept the deletion.
- Run it. Go to Tools then Uninstall Programs.
- Select the line you want to delete then right-click on the Clear entry.
- How to remove registry entries of uninstalled software
- Remove registry files of uninstalled software
- How to remove registry files of uninstalled software
- How to remove write protection > Guide
- Regedit is disabled by the administrator [solved] > Windows Forum
- Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS > Download - Other
- Fb account hacked how to remove > Facebook Forum
- Webcam 7 > Download - Other