Read this short guide if you would like to transfer data between two Excel spreadsheets. We will show you how to bind data from a column to a row in another sheet.
How to Transfer Data Between Two Excel Spreadsheets
Consider that the data to be copied are on Sheet1! B2:H2 and and the targeted ones in Sheet2! C3:C9 (the number of cells are identical).
- Select the second range (Sheet2)
- Type = TRANSPOSE =TRANSPOSE(Sheet1!B2:H2)
- Confirm with CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER to obtain an array formula.
Note: Only the content is copied, to the format of the destination cells
Using an Excel Command
There is also a command that can achieve this manipulation:
- Copy/Paste > Paste Special > Transpose.
- Please refer to this FAQ Excel - Convert a row into a column and vice-versa
Image: © 123RF.com
- Excel transpose formulas from one sheet to another
- Google sheets transpose - Best answers
- Transpose data from one sheet to another - Best answers
- Excel carry formula to next sheet - How-To - Excel
- Excel copy formula to another sheet ✓ - Forum - Excel
- How to apply a formula to multiple sheets in excel - How-To - Excel
- How to copy data from one sheet to another in excel using formula - How-To - Excel
- How to copy a formula across multiple sheets in excel ✓ - Forum - Excel