In this article we will show you how to normalize audio tracks without clipping in order to fix inconsistent volume levels between music tracks or fix distorted audio.
Normalize Audio Tracks Without Clipping Using MP3 Gain
Download and install: MP3Gain
- Load your music files.
- Set the Target "Normal" volume to 94dB.
- Click on Track Analysis.
Remove distortion from your audio tracks
Clipping may sometimes result in a lower quality music (often unpleasant to listen). How to avoid it.
- Applying gains without clipping: Try to reduce the gain applied to audio tracks containing distortions by 1-4 levels.
|(93,7dB) Stable Gain||(99,7dB) Distortion, Clipping required|
- If the volume of a music track is too low, try to raise it to the "Normal" volume (Volume +/- 94dB).
- In some situations, lowering the volume level of a music track will remove distortions from the latter (no clipping).
Sort tracks by highest volume
- Once the scan is complete, click the Volume tab.
- The track with the highest volume will be listed at the top. It is easier to proceed this way.
Select the music tracks you want to normalize
PS: Do not select the tracks that require clipping. We'll deal with them later!
- While holding the CTRL key down, select the music tracks.
- Right click> Apply track gain
- Once you have applied the gain you can remove these files from the list.
- Now we need to work on the files requiring clipping.
- We will first reduce the Target "Normal" volume to 93dB.
- Remove tracks already at 93db and requiring no clipping.
- Select the rest of the tracks and click on Track Gain.
- You can try lower the volume level if required (-3.0 from the target normal volume)
- Tracks with a volume lower than 90dB (requiring clipping) are normally of bad quality.
- Mp3gain clipping
- Mp3 gain clipping - Best answers
- Mp3gain - Best answers
- Clip command - How-To - Windows
- Messenger voice clip - How-To - Facebook
- Eclipse fit clip mp3 player wont connect to computer ✓ - Forum - Audio
- Messenger voice clip not working ✓ - Forum - Facebook
- How to send audio clip in instagram ✓ - Forum - Instagram