If you have an MKV file with DTS soundtrack and you can not read it, this little tutorial is for you and will show you how to convert it.
How to extract the Dts audio track to convert it?
Download MKV Tool Nix, aka mkvmerge.
Launch the program "mkvextractgui.exe" (it should be in the directory mkvmerge)
- Click on the button (with three points) to the right of the "input" field to open your mkv (which is actually in DTS)
- Check the Content field of the soundtrack
- Then click on Extraction, it will extract the mkv in the directory by default
How to convert DTS sound?
- Right of the "source file" option, click on Browse and it will seek your extracted DTS soundtrack.
- Then click on Convert and wait for the termination of the process.
How to make a remix?
Launch the program "mkvextractgui.exe" and open your file with your original dts soundtrack by clicking on the Add option.
In the field where the tracks appear, uncheck the DTS soundtrack.
- Re-click on add and will seek your soundtrack in AC3. Then check off.
- Click on Start Mixing and it should be ok.