When you sign into Netflix and hover over a title, it will begin to autoplay. You can now choose whether or not you use this feature by changing your settings. This short guide will show you how to turn off the autoplay feature, and also how to turn off the autoplay the next episode setting.
How to Stop Netflix Autoplay
To switch off autoplay while browsing Netflix titles, you need to login to Netflix via your web browser. You cannot do this via the app on your TV or streaming device.
From the settings in the top right corner, select ‘Manage profiles’.
- Sign into your Netflix account.
- Click your profile photo in the upper right corner and choose ‘Manage Profiles’.
Note: You cannot change the settings for more than one profile at a time, you have to do this individually.
- Select the profile that you want to modify settings for.
- Simply uncheck the ‘Autoplay previews while browsing on all devices’ to be able to stop clips playing whilst you’re navigating around the Netflix home page.
While you're here, you can also choose to turn off 'Autoplay next episode in a series on all devices
- To lock in the changes, select Save.
The next time you login to Netflix on your TV, or other device, these settings will have come into effect.
How to Make Netflix Autoplay
To turn on Netflix Autoplay, just follow these steps, and instead of turning Autoplay off, turn it on.
Photo: © Thibault - unsplash.com