Do you like true crime documentaries? It can be as thrilling as unsettling and disturbing, and still it's worth watching. Here's our list of top 10 true crime TV shows and movies on Netflix to watch right now.
Girl in the Picture (2022)
A young mother, Tonya Hughes, dies in a mysterious car accident, her son is kidnapped, her injuries are inconsistent with a car accident, and, when police and journalists contact her mother, she says that her daughter passed away as a toddler. Is it the true Tonya Hughes, or someone stole her identity? Watch "Girl in the Picture" on Netflix.
Night Stalker: The Hunt for a Serial Killer (2021)
A 39-year-old French film and TV producer, Sophie Toscan du Plantier, was murdered nearby her holiday home in West Cork in 1996. The journalist, who was covering the story, became the prime suspect in that case. He then didn't go to trial because of the lack of evidence. However, years later, he was charged with murder. It's a mysterious and sad murder story, absolutely worth watching. Watch "Sophie: A Murder in West Cork" on Netflix.
Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness (2020)
If you want to immerse yourself in the madness of the time, we live in, watch "Tiger King". It's a life story of a zookeeper Joe Exotic who owns the Tiger King Park in Oklahoma, who attempts to hire a hitman and kill his rival Carole Baskin, the CEO of Big Cat Rescue in Tampa, Florida. He then is sentenced to 22 years in prison. Quite a crazy and unbelievable story – it's absolutely worth watching on Netflix.
Don't F*** With Cats: Hunting an Internet Killer (2019)
After a group of amateur detectives stumble upon videos of a man torturing and killing cats on social media, they decide to start a real investigation. The psychopathic killer continues to kill animals and, at some point, switches to humans. This an excellent example of how a collective initiative can save lives and stop one of Canada's most notorious killers of 21 Century. The series is as thrilling as it is unsettling. Watch "Don't F*** With Cats: Hunting an Internet Killer" on Netflix.
Evil Genius: The True Story of America's Most Diabolical Bank Heist (2018)
This is a 4-part Netflix documentary about the event in 2003 in Pennsylvania. A pizza delivery driver, Brian Wells, walked into a bank with a collar bomb around his neck. He asked the cashier to hand him the money and left. Later that day, he died on the side of the road because the bomb exploded. Who was behind this horrifying history? Watch "Evil Genius" on Netflix.
The Innocent Man (2018)
The series follows the story of John Grisham's 2006 non-fiction book "The Innocent Man: Murder and Injustice in a Small Town" about the murders of Debbie Sue Carter in 1982 and Donna Denice Haraway in 1984. Four men were arrested, and three were exonerated or released later. The series shows the destroyed criminal justice system and its consequences for innocent people. Watch "The Innocent Man" on Netflix.
I Am a Killer (2018)
A British true crime series featuring interviews with death row inmates, such as James Robertson, Kenneth Foster, Wayne C. Doty, Linda Lee Couch, and others. It's an interesting documentary for those who want to understand the psychology of a murderer and better realize why these people did such horrible things. Watch "I Am a Killer" on Netflix.
The Death and Life of Marsha P. Johnson (2017)
This 2017 documentary tells the story of Marsha P. Johnson, a prominent figure in gay liberation and transgender rights movements from the 1960s to 1990s, a co-founder of Street Transvestite Action Revolutionaries. Marsha's body was found in the Hudson river in 1992, police thought it was a suicide. Years later, an activist, Victoria Cruz, decided to reexamine the death, and this is where the mysterious events take a completely different turn. Watch "The Death and Life of Marsha P. Johnson" on Netflix.
Making a Murderer (2015)
Liberated after spending over two decades in prison, Steven Avery files suit against the policemen and judge who have put him in jail for a crime he didn't commit. Soon thereafter, he is again accused of killing 25-year-old photographer Teresa Halbach. It took around 10 years to make this documentary, which is definitely worth watching. See it on Netflix.
- Samsung TV 3D: settings, mode, effect disabled > Guide
- Top anime movies of all time: on Netflix, HBO Max, etc. > Guide
- How to request movies and TV shows on Netflix > Guide
- Films and series in 4K resolution on Netflix > Guide
- Online movie downloader > Guide
- How to change your payment method on Netflix
- How to get the most out of Netflix: hidden films & shortcuts
- Video games on Netflix: catalog, price, and release date
- How to update your Netflix email and password
- How to get Netflix free trial
- Watch free movies and TV shows on Netflix without an account
- Stranger Things season 4: release date, part 2
- Netflix subtitles font: color and size settings
- How to change the language on Netflix
- Reduce the Netflix data consumption: on phone, on PC
- Solutions to common issues with Netflix
- What is the Netflix Fast Laughs feature?
- How to watch Netflix on TV
- What is Netflix Roulette?
- Watch Netflix remotely: with friends, at the same time
- Download Netflix movies: on Mac and PC
- Netflix series based on video games: our selection!
- How to change your country on Netflix
- How to set the parental control on Netflix
- The best Netflix comedy movies: our selection!
- How to cancel a Netflix subscription: on iPhone, iPad, PC
- Top 8 miniseries to watch on Netflix
- Our selection of the best family movies on Netflix (2022)
- The 8 best comedy series on Netflix you must watch
- British series on Netflix: the 10 best ones
- Our selection of the best Christmas movies on Netflix
- New to Netflix: This week, September 2022
- The most viewed Netflix series: of all time, 2022, UK