FLOPPY DISK fail (40)
- Having the following message at startup means that there is a problem with your floppy drive.
- To handle this problem try the following:
- Check in the device manager that there is no yellow exclamation point near the floppy drive, if so reinstall the driver.
- Go into the BIOS and check if your floppy drive is set as primary boot device, if so change it (set the Hard Disk as primary boot device).
- Go into the BIOS and set your floppy drive A as Disabled or Not Installed, save with the F10 key and restart your PC.
- Make sure the floppy drive is connected.
- If this persists disconnect (permanently) the floppy drive from the PC.