If you are seeing the error message at startup: Floppy Disk Fail (40) this means that there is a problem with your floppy drive. To solve this problem try the following steps.
- Check in the device manager that there is no yellow exclamation point near the floppy drive, if so reinstall the driver.
- Go into the BIOS and check if your floppy drive is set as primary boot device, if so change it (set the Hard Disk as primary boot device).
- Go into the BIOS and set your floppy drive A as Disabled or Not Installed, save with the F10 key and restart your PC.
- Make sure the floppy drive is connected.
- If this persists disconnect the floppy drive from the PC (permanently).
Photo by Vincent Botta on Unsplash