- Check in the device manager that there is no yellow exclamation point near the floppy drive, if so reinstall the driver.
- Go into the BIOS and check if your floppy drive is set as primary boot device, if so change it (set the Hard Disk as primary boot device).
- Go into the BIOS and set your floppy drive A as Disabled or Not Installed, save with the F10 key and restart your PC.
- Make sure the floppy drive is connected.
- If this persists disconnect the floppy drive from the PC (permanently).
Photo by Vincent Botta on Unsplash
- Floppy disk fail 40
- Floppy disk fail - Best answers
- Floppy disk fail 40 solution - Best answers
- Floppy disk fail 40 cmos checksum error - How-To - BIOS
- Logical structure of hard disk - How-To - Hard Disk Drive
- The disk is write protected - How-To - USB
- Which is not a hard disk partition type - Articles
- Volume information for this disk cannot be found ✓ - Forum - Windows
This document, titled « FLOPPY DISK Fail (40) », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (ccm.net).