SD cards have proved to be very useful in storing data for mobile devices, camcorders and cameras. SD cards are available at various capacities ranging from a few MBs to a few GBs. Formatting a Micro SD card to FAT 32 can easily be done. Read on to find out how to format your micro SD card to FAT32.
- Insert the SD card into your computer and make sure to backup any important files on the card that you want to keep.
- Download this FAT32 Format tool here.
- Open the GUI Format tool you just downloaded and choose the drive you want to format.
- Leave the Allocation Size to the default option and leave the "Quick Format" option checked.
- Hit Start.
Upon completion, you can safely eject the SD Card which should now be formatted to FAT32.
On Older Windows Systems
Under Windows with a PC equipped with a card reader:
- Insert the SD card into the reader and right click on the SD card icon > Format > File type >FAT 32
Note that: if you possess a card with a capacity of less than 2 GB, leave it to FAT 16.
Image: © 123RF.com