Can't connect wireless internet

Solved/Closed
Shon - Nov 8, 2008 at 09:25 PM
 SassyKatt73 - Jun 30, 2010 at 03:32 PM
Hello,
I have a HP Compad NC 8340, I used to able to connect wireless network from my house, somehow I can't do it anymore, and I went to my uncle house who has wireless network inetnet as well, I can' connnect his network either (I used to able to) but I can connect to inetnet via wire (for my house and my uncle house) on the wireless network (it says connected" but I can't surfing on line. it isay "the page can't be found" any idea? thank you so much!

47 responses

U or someone must have changed the wireless settings. the only way I was able to solve the problem was to contact those who configured ur wireless to ive u the right IP address. if this does not work try reinstalling the drivers again and the setting swill be set up automatically.
can pick up my printer wifi but all of the sudden I cannot pick up my wifin in the house
Thank you so much, you nailed it with the DHCP thing- I would never have worked that out without checking this. Thanks again!
tishasharma - what if you lost that CD? Any other way to go about it?

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
I experienced the same thing, I couldn't logg on to my laptop, even when I typed the Ip adress it said it wasn't recongnied or it was invalid. Well, I wne t tools, internet options, connection make sure the dot is on "Never Dial a connection". Then check the LAN settings, the proxy setting, the check box in not ticked and that should solve the problem.
So, here's my problem.. I've had my desktop HP computer for 3 years, all was perfect with my wireless connection to our router connected to another desktop in our house, up until about 2 days ago.. Now all of a sudden my desktop wont connect at all.. My desktop can see the "home" network, I choose to connect to it, but it always says "windows cannot connect to home". I'm at my wits end with this one.. We have 2 desktops, and 3 laptops, everything connects just fine EXCEPT for my desktop.. I've tried turning my computer completely off, I've completely factory restored my computer, I've checked all the network settings, I've reset the router many many times (thats what usually works), I dont have an option to hardwire this desktop to a LAN cord, there is no switch to turn on or off my wireless.. It's very important to get this computer up and running again.. So please, please, someone help me!