Connected to dlink .but no internet access.

Closed
zerokuro Posts 2 Registration date Monday September 3, 2012 Status Member Last seen September 4, 2012 - Sep 3, 2012 at 12:00 PM
 ponder - Sep 8, 2012 at 02:26 AM
Hi,

I connect my laptop[dell inspiron, windows 7] to dlink dwm-156 stick and access internet by inserting sim into the stick.
It was working fine till last week.
from last week, the connection status shows connected, I get ip address to my laptop, and dns server ip addresses.
++even a default route is formed.
++I cannot ping ip addresses [including 4.2.2.2 and 8.8.8.8]
++cannot browse
++signal strength is good

please help!!

6 responses

Hi,
I forgot to mention that I have already tried multiple SIMs and all of them give the same result. So I suspect something might have have been changed on the pc. But I tried to track the event logs on the pc but did not find any.
Also I do not see any traffic being blocked by my MCAfee antivirus/firewall as well from its logs of blocked traffic.

++I do not see the traffic leaving the pc.[ because when I did traceroute to 4.2.2.2 I get all *** but no hops with an ip.
++I suspect that the data is not leaving the pc in the first place.[if there is any data leaving through my data card then it will log the in bytes and the out bytes--but no such logs are there in it]

Please suggest if there is anything I need to check on the pc.