Transcend Store Jet 25M3

Closed
TanmaySarma Posts 5 Registration date Wednesday April 16, 2014 Status Member Last seen April 18, 2014 - Apr 16, 2014 at 01:25 PM
TanmaySarma Posts 5 Registration date Wednesday April 16, 2014 Status Member Last seen April 18, 2014 - Apr 17, 2014 at 12:28 PM
Hello, I own a Transcend Store Jet 25M3 external hard drive. The drive was working fine for a month or two but last month when I connected it to my laptop the drive didn't show up! The device manager showed that the hard drive was connected. The power light on the hard drive keeps lighting on but it doesn't blink (normally it blinked). So, can I fix this error or should I repair my hard drive?
My brother has said that if I repair my hard drive, all my data would be lost and that I'd have to pay a considerable amount of money on it! So, it would be kind of you if you can find a way to help me out!

Thank you.

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Apr 16, 2014 at 04:13 PM
OK, hang in there.

Is a consequence of thinking these types of device can be moved and transported and used to move files? If so, that is not the intention. The intention of these devices was to make ADIITIONAL STORAGE AVAILABLE TO THE NON COMPUTER TECNICIAN.

So, with that said, hardware doesn't just fail. Someting has happened. Either you have accesssed it from a higher permission level on another unsecure pc/laptop, or the hardware has failed.

The light blinks when it is being accessed. The fact tath you get a light tells me that it a permission issue.

With that siad, We cannot help gain acces by som magic method or password. There is not single one of us on this side of your screen that can assist. Unless it as easy as making certain your permission are set correctly, at which time that person will walk you through it.

"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!" - Oliver Sykes; Bring Me The Horizon
TanmaySarma Posts 5 Registration date Wednesday April 16, 2014 Status Member Last seen April 18, 2014
Apr 17, 2014 at 12:28 PM
Thank you for your reply!