Can only connect to google

Closed
pattycakes - Sep 3, 2015 at 05:53 AM
 Blocked Profile - Sep 3, 2015 at 06:31 AM
Hello, im having connection problems, I can use google to search but I cant connect to any other websites. I recently downloaded a VPN application but deleted it after the trial and used some web proxy to access location restricted website, the following day I cant connect to the web anymore besides for google.

I scoured for solution posted online only to find windows based solution where it often suggest a virus/malware in windows\system\driver\etc path where the "virus" blocks websites. Im not sure if the same case can be for my mac, but if so how do I resolve this issue of mine? Also other devices cant connect to websites to or any application.

Any help would be appreciated, and try to explain it as simplest as possible THANKS!

BTW we have two internet connection, the other one seems to be working just fine.

-using a MBP 2014

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Sep 3, 2015 at 06:31 AM
Hello,

i imagine installing the VPN on your Macbook has changed a network configuration.

When you said "the other one works fine" are you talking about two seperate wireless networks?

What I would do is to remove the wifi profile from your Macbook and connect to the network again.

Click Apple > System Preferences > Network > Wifi > Remove the troublesome network

Also, whilst in the network I would go to TCP/IP and DNS and ensure they're all set to automatic.

Then look at the proxies tab and remove whatever is in there.