Toshiba laptop totally dead and won't turn back on...

Closed
kt0198 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday September 7, 2016 Status Member Last seen September 7, 2016 - Sep 7, 2016 at 12:48 PM
 Blocked Profile - Sep 9, 2016 at 05:19 PM
I've had my Toshiba Satellite Pro R50-B-12V for about 2 years now. About 2 or 3 months ago, whenever I let the laptop go into sleep mode as I've left it for over 10 minutes, it wouldn't start up again. Pressing the power button doesn't work, no fans, no keyboard lights no nothing - all except for the battery light which flashes white. the battery is always charged in these cases, and when I plug in or take out the charging lead it makes no difference to the lights. The only way to solve this issue is to physically take the battery out of my laptop and put it back in and then the laptop will turn on again. this was never a frequent occurrence but now it's doing it every day at least twice a day and once it even turned off and did this as I was using it. No idea what's wrong with it and what I should do. thanks in advance for your help!

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Sep 7, 2016 at 04:37 PM
Have you tried the battery trick? Let us know if you have.
kt0198 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday September 7, 2016 Status Member Last seen September 7, 2016
Sep 7, 2016 at 06:26 PM
what's the battery trick?! taking it in and out again cos I've done that. I need to find a solution that'll stop the issue happening :(