With the frequent leakage of people's personal data on the Internet, almost any information can easily get on Google search results. Here's how to remove your data from Google Search.
What information can be removed from Google search results?
- Non-consensual explicit or intimate personal images.
- Irrelevant or fake pornography.
- Personal contact information, such as telephone number, email address, and home address.
- Images of minors.
- Images of your signature, credit card numbers, and other data that can be used for identity theft or financial fraud.
- Login IDs, passwords, and other information that can be used for hacking.
- Medical records and other confidential information.
How to remove your personal data from Google Search results?
First of all, you need to go to Google Search Help and select the type of information you'd like to remove:
Remove non-consensual explicit or intimate personal images from Google
Remove involuntary fake pornography from Google
Remove content about me on sites with exploitative removal practices from Google
Remove select personally identifiable information (PII) or doxxing content from Google Search
Remove images of minors from Google search results
Remove irrelevant pornography from Google search results for my name
- Click on the link you need and follow the steps indicated for each specific case.
- Check the requirements for removal.
- If everything matches the conditions, click on Start Removal Request and fill in the gaps.
- After this, you will receive an email confirmation. All you have to do now is to wait for Google to review your request and take action.
Google might contact you to ask for more details, screenshots, URLs, and other important information to answer your inquiry. If the request doesn't meet the requirements for removal, Google will also include a brief explanation. Anyway, you can re-submit your request.
NB: You can also check this article to see how you can become invisible on the Internet.
What other content Google can remove?
Google also removes content for legal reasons, such as DMCA copyright violation reports and child sexual abuse imagery. You can also request a content removal for a legal reason using the Google Troubleshooter form.
- How to remove personal information from google
- Google meet download for pc > Download - Video calls
- How to remove write protection > Guide
- Google play store for pc > Download - App downloads
- How to remove google account from whatsapp > Guide
- My personal account was disabled [solved] > Facebook Forum