Blue Screen After Log in [Solved/Closed]

Wend - Jun 6, 2009 at 10:21 AM - Latest reply:  manoj
- Jan 17, 2015 at 09:21 AM
Hello,
After log in on Vista instead of going direct to desk top get totally blank blue screen this lasts for several minutes before desk top eventually arrives whats happened? NB pensioner user with VERY limited skills!! Wendy
See more 

7 replies

D from Hawaii - Jun 9, 2010 at 06:54 AM
+20
Helpful
I've read thru dozens of possible solutions on the web. Can't believe there are dozens of possible causes to this vexing problem of a blue screen after doing a Vista log-in. I was about to render my laptop a very expensive Frisbee out a 10-story window. Thanks to many well meaning souls out there who came up with their own solutions, I tried one after much trial and error and solved my problem (I realize not everyone is going to have the same cause/solution).

What worked for me was someone's suggestion to boot to safe mode with command prompt, type the MSCONFIG command, disable all startup programs and disable all services. By process of elimination, I found the culprits to be Windows Event Collection and Windows Event Logging. Still using MSCONFIG, I disabled them, re-booted, renamed \windows\system32\winevt\logs\system.evtx to
\windows\system32\winevt\logs\ystem.evtxOLD, re-booted, enabled the two previously disabled Windows Event services in MSCONFIG, re-booted. After logging in, checked Event Log in Control Panel/Admin to make sure it was working. MSCONFIG is a life saver.

Again, my thanks to those who have toiled with this problem and offered their solutions.
Was this answer helpful?  
Dear D from Hawaii
You are a miracle worker. I just tried the fix you suggested and bingo! Suddenly my laptop came back to life. I can't thank you enough. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I appreciate so much that you took the time to write this solution. You saved me money, time, and also my sanity!
Dear D from Haway
You are a life safer indeed. Many thanks from London for being so kind to writing down how to solve such a problem. Internet needs more people like you.
A very sincere thanks for a student that almost had to loose an assignment because of this fault
kyle from minnesota (exprogrammer) - May 5, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Some times a good old restore works too.
Hello. Can you explain that on a easyer way? Thanks.
In my case netpeeker software was the problem I removed it when safe mode. Then disabled all startup items and rebooted and everything is back to normal. Then I re-enabled the startup items one by one and now no problems ,

Thanks for pointing us in right direction.