Photoshop could not complete not enough ram [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question ravindra - Last answered on Apr 29, 2017 at 11:33 PM by Nilay
Hello,
My problem is that in filter option in Photoshop keeps giving me the error "could not complete your request because there is not enough memory [RAM]" whenever I try to do wind n other thing. plz help me wat to do.

See more 
Helpful
+118
plus moins
Cool!..
i hd solution fr it..!

go to edit menu- >preference->performance

and thn increase the let photoshop use to 1504 or 100% by moving the sliders below the box
thn ok
now enjoy ...!
bye..#
Aqeef- Apr 13, 2016 at 01:00 AM
thanks its working......
josh- Aug 1, 2016 at 12:30 PM
http://prnt.sc/c09sp5
this is what pops up
this is pc specs
http://prnt.sc/c09ush
please help asap
shankar- Mar 9, 2017 at 10:00 AM
thanks bro, i thought i need laptop with more ram and i was going to purchase a new laptop. you save my almost 32000/-
Helpful
+115
plus moins
John, A big thank you!! I have been looking for an answer for the past one year! I often got the same error despite having enough ( 6GB) RAM. And then you get this stupid techie answers all the time - increase your RAM!. Now I go to Photoshop with open with option and it works well!! I don't know what difference it makes to PS but it works well . Thank you very much.
Quốc Tùng- Mar 4, 2016 at 10:57 PM
it's ok. Thank bro !
Revived- Mar 14, 2016 at 08:03 PM
Could you elaborate on the solution? I've had this memory issue for a while on CS 2, especially after upgrading to Windows 10. It's really getting old. What worked for you exactly?
Chris- Jul 2, 2016 at 03:25 PM
Open with what??
Helpful
+12
plus moins
Hello,

Your question also gives the answer. You must have more ram. PS is a powerful application and requires a lot of live memory. When using Photoshop all other applications should be closed, especially so if you apply filters. Memory will also be taxed depending upon the picture format you are working on.

How much ram does your computer have? I would say that with photoshop 1gb to 1.5 gb ram is the minimum depending on how much work you are doing on the same file. Of course if you have several files open, more ram are being consumed. You must close them.

Regards
not solved- Mar 20, 2015 at 07:49 AM
I have 16GB RAM, 15GB available and I maximized the usage of RAM in Photoshop (in preferences->performance). I've also already done the effect Im trying to do now but I get the same message about not enough RAM. Is there maybe another possibility?
Ambucias 41641Posts mardi 2 février 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus May 22, 2017 Last seen - Mar 20, 2015 at 04:03 PM
It's just a bug. Clean your cache and do not use any another applications.
nahidule 3Posts Sunday November 1, 2015Registration date March 11, 2016 Last seen - Mar 11, 2016 at 06:38 AM
Yes, it's a good suggestion which can fasten your Photoshop immediately.
shady- Aug 17, 2016 at 04:29 AM
Thanks to you now its working fine. thank you very much sir
Ranjan- Aug 23, 2016 at 10:34 AM
Big thanks I want to take you coffee or bar. :)

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?