Sony Vaio black screen. Unresponsive. [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question Darif 2Posts Tuesday October 23, 2012Registration date October 24, 2012 Last seen - Last answered on Jun 28, 2017 at 01:53 AM by gina
Hi fellow members(I am a noob),
I have a sony vaio model no VGN-NS240E. Turned it off normally. When I try to switch it on again the laptop starts up but the screen is black(not on black,switched off black) and completely unreaponsive.
Tried bionik's ctrl alt del method ,no luck. Any help appreciated.

BTW the orange hard disk light which is usually flickering turns on but promptly off again

See more 
Helpful
+48
plus moins
Start up computer and immediately start tapping f10. This will take you to a black screen with white writing. Hit enter. The next screen gives you two options- hit the skip button. Next screen check the box and hit next. Your computer will be restored to it's factory settings in about 60min. Make sure your computer is plugged in.

Good luck
Ambucias 42783Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus July 26, 2017 Last seen - Dec 15, 2013 at 04:39 PM
@ashufesky

No it will not save your pictures, it will as when you first took out of the box.
Seeker- Jan 9, 2014 at 10:12 AM
Hi, I have the same issue but the F10 key and the Assist key is not wokring and I still have black screen with no response; any assitance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Ambucias 42783Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus July 26, 2017 Last seen - Jan 9, 2014 at 05:01 PM
@Seeker

The only possibility left for you is to take your machine to a hands-on technician.

Sorry
vishal- May 8, 2017 at 02:07 AM
Thnx Bud my bug got Resolved..... vishal
gina- Jun 28, 2017 at 01:53 AM
thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it
Helpful
+18
plus moins
Hello Darif,

Try removing the battery and cable. Press and hold the power button for 58 seconds. Reconnect and try to boot.

Good luck
Helpful
+17
plus moins
If that is the case, if the fan is not running, I'm afraid that there is motherboard failure.

If the fan is running, I suggest to try to boot using the Windows CD and attempt repair.
Helpful
+9
plus moins
Doesn't work.Tried multiple times. :-(

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?