Black screen after windows logo [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question iDante. 2Posts Wednesday February 12, 2014Registration date February 12, 2014 Last seen - Last answered on Jan 21, 2017 at 12:32 AM by vivek
I have an Acer Aspire laptop with windows 7. It was working perfectly fine last night.. This morning, I booted my laptop but forgot to unplug the hdmi, so i restarted it after i had gotten back from a shower. After forcing a shutdown and turning it back on, the system asked me to check the disc for consistency. I had been ignoring this for a few days, now, but this time I allowed it. When it finished, the screen went black and the cursor displayed promptly. I figured it was simply trying to boot up and was taking some time. I let it sit for 5 minutes until I realized I had a problem. I apologise for the long post, but thought It'd be better to explain in detail
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Please help :( I need my laptop for work..
vivek- Jan 21, 2017 at 12:32 AM
I have the same problem. Every bit of your story is matching mine story. My pc was also working perfectly on one night. And the next day when i launched the startup repair and came back after a bath. The black screen of death awaited me. If u want to work in your pc with command prompt press f8 while start up and choose windows repair. Then choose open command prompt

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?