Laptop stuck in black screen mode [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question genki12 6Posts Wednesday May 6, 2015Registration date May 8, 2015 Last seen - Last answered on Jun 18, 2017 at 05:34 PM by dad
Hello All,

Ive been using my laptop in black screen, no task bar and no desktop for months now. I am not a tech guy but tried everything I can to resolve the issue (system restore, repair in f8, etc) but no success at all. The problem suddenly appeared and I can only use the internet and folders by using task manager. Can you guys help me? Although Im kind used to the situation still cannot change the fact its hard to use it without the proper desktop and task bar.

Thank you in advance.

Genki
See more 
Helpful
+42
plus moins
try the following ...

In Task Manager go to File > New Task (Run)

In the "Open" field type "explorer.exe" (dont put the quotes in)

Hopefilly this will sort you out. Let me know how you get on.
genki12 6Posts Wednesday May 6, 2015Registration date May 8, 2015 Last seen - May 8, 2015 at 08:20 PM
Hello Brian,

Sorry I was not able to see your last response but did a complete malwarebytes scan. I was able to get rid of a backdor.bot hidden in system/explorer.exe but that did not solved the issue after restart and typing explorer.exe in task manager. But just moments ago I went to regedit all the way to shell under winlogon and re-typed explorer.exe in value (it was already there in value). Went to Task Manager again, to my surprise my task bar, wall paper, and desktop were all restored. I am not sure if getting rid of the backdoor.bot started it all but I am happy after months of helpless try the issue was finally solved.

Thank you for your time and help. It was very much appreciated.

Genki
BrianGreen 907Posts Saturday January 17, 2015Registration date ContributorStatus April 24, 2017 Last seen - May 9, 2015 at 02:05 PM
Great. I'm glad you got it sorted.

I'm not sure the backdoor.bot was the culprit, but I looked at what it does. Can I advise you to change all your passwords on everything - including bank cards and anything else you can think of.

Also do run a virus check when you get the chance. Malwarebytes isnt strictly speaking an anti-virus program.

Anyway, I'm glad its sorted.
genki12- May 10, 2015 at 06:51 PM
Thank you for the advice
dad- Jun 18, 2017 at 05:34 PM
This fixed it. Thanks.

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?