Wireless router connected but no internet [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question vicvic - Last answered on Sep 21, 2017 at 01:19 AM by alphamom
Hello,
my sons laptop will not connect to internet I have ipconfig all it says this request requores elevation
also the media is disconnected iam not computer liturate can anyone help
Helpful
+118
plus moins
I have a belkin wireless router connected to the modem, somehow recently I am connected to the wireless router but I do not have any internet. I followed these steps and I was back online. I believe somehow the wireless router lost the dns server info from the modem.
1). Disconnect the wireless router from the modem.
2). Power off the modem.
3). Connect the wireless router to the modem.
4). Now power up the modem.

Now try to disable/enable the wireless connection and reconnect, you should be able to access the internet.

Hope this works for all of you
--Pat
Was this answer helpful?  
Anubhab- Feb 17, 2011 at 11:03 AM
I had same issue with Belkin N150. It was solved instantly after following your steps. Thanks a lot
shelley lee- Jan 28, 2013 at 01:59 AM
it worked ty ty ty ;)
alphamom- Sep 21, 2017 at 01:19 AM
Thank you! Thank you!! THANK YOU!!!
Helpful
+115
plus moins
Make sure DHCP is enabled on your wireless router. Mine somehow became disabled when a new highspeed connection was installed (new ISP).
Helpful
+91
plus moins
1. Click the Start menu button on the Windows taskbar.

2. Click Run... on this menu.

3. If the computer is holding a current IP address, type 'cmd' (without the quotes) in the text box that appears. A command prompt window appears on the screen.

4. Type 'ipconfig' (without the quotes) to view the status of the computer's IP address(es).

5. If the computer is holding a current IP address, type 'ipconfig /release' to let go of the address.

6. Type 'ipconfig /renew' to obtain a new IP address (whether or not the computer is holding a current address).

I took it from http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/23807-18-access-router-internet

(27.11.2012)

It solved my problem :)
Helpful
+60
plus moins
hi,
search for available wireless networks first.
right-click on the wireless icon in the taskbar.
Helpful
+14
plus moins

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?