You have seen some interesting tweet and want to share it with a friend? This can be easily done, and not only on Twitter, but also on Instagram, WhatsApp, Facebook or in an SMS. Here we give a step by step instructions, applicable to Android, iOS and computers.
Important: You will not be able to share protected Tweets.
How to share a tweet via direct message?
Twitter gives you the ability to share tweets via private messages. The procedure is explained below:
- Click on the share icon from a Tweet on your Home timeline or from a Tweet detail.
- How on Share via Direct Message.
- Write a name of the person you want to send the message.
- Click on Send.
How to share your own tweet
If you intend to share your Tweet via Direct Message, you will not find any share icon on your profile page. However, you can still do it. Find on the bottom right the upload icon and click on it. Then follow the instructions.
How to share a tweet through SMS or email?
- Click the upload icon located within the tweet.
- From the pop-up menu, select Copy link to Tweet. The URL will be copied.
- Run your email client and paste the URL into the email you want to send.
How to share a tweet on Facebook?
You can easily share a tweet on Facebook by copying the link of the specific tweet and posting it on your Facebook wall. Here is how you can do this:
- Click on the specific tweet that you wish to share on Facebook.
- In the Menu, click on the option Copy link to Tweet.
- Open your Facebook page and paste the link to your post.
How to share a tweet on Instagram stories?
- Make sure you have the Instagram app installed on your device. Log into your account.
- Open up Twitter for iOS app. Tap the share icon on a public tweet.
- Tap the Instagram icon.
- Your Twitter for iOS app will close, and a new Story draft on your Instagram app will open.
- The Tweet you want to share will appear as a moveable and resizable sticker to share on Instagram Stories.
You can share the tweet with a single person, a group, or all of your followers.
How to share a tweet on WhatsApp?
You can share tweets to WhatsApp only on Android. Here it's how to share it with a single person or a group in a message:
- Sign in to both Twitter and WhatsApp on your device.
- Click on the share icon on a Tweet you want to share.
- Click on WhatsApp from the share menu.
- If you're signed into WhatsApp on your device, your Twitter app will close, and WhatsApp will open.
- The Tweet you want to share will be converted into a screenshot you can send in your WhatsApp message. The recipients can tap the URL on the tweet screenshot and be redirected to Twitter.
- First tweet ever > Guide
- Share streaming services > Guide
- Bear share > Download
- How to flag a tweet as sensitive > Guide
- How to see the tweets you liked > Guide
- Open Twitter links with your mobile browser
- Turn off tweet translation on Twitter: on Android, iOS
- Set the default font size on Twitter: for Android, PC, iOS
- Turn off retweets: for everyone, for a particular user
- Deactivate your Twitter account: temporarily, permanently
- Voice messages on Twitter: activation, time limits
- Use Twitter Spaces: on PC, Android, iOS
- Customise your columns on TweetDeck
- What is Twitter Blue: service, tick, price
- Sign up for Twitter: with Google, Apple
- Pin a tweet on Twitter: on iPhone, Android, PC
- How to block a user on Twitter?