If you are being harassed, stalked, bullied, or simply want to prevent people from following your Twitter activities, the Block feature provides a quick solution to cut ties with undesired users on microblogging platform.
How to block a user on Twitter from its profile?
- Sign in to Twitter and then navigate to the profile page of the account you want to block.
- Tap on the More (three dots) icon > Block.
- Click on Block to confirm and add the account to your block list.
How to block a user on Twitter from a tweet?
- Open the Twitter app and browse for a tweet published by the user you want to block.
- Tap on the More (three dots) icon, then select Block and Block again to confirm.
By blocking a user on Twitter, you are taking away the user's ability to contact you via Direct Messages, view your Twitter activity (Tweets, following, followers, photos & videos, online status...), add your Twitter account to a list, or tag you in photos.
How to unblock a Twitter account?
Visit the profile you have blocked and tap on the Blocked button.
Select Unblock (on iOS) and Yes (on Android).
How to mute an account on Twitter?
If you'd like to have a break from a certain Twitter account without blocking it for good, there is another solution – you can simply mute it and its posts will not appear in your newsfeed. Here's how to do it:
- Go to the profile you'd like to mute and tap on More (three dots) icon.
- Select Mute and it's done!
- If you'd like to unmute this profile, simply go to its account again and choose Unmute.
- How to block guest user on chrome
- Badoo blocked users
- Twitter Abandons iOS 9 Users
- Palringo - Block messages for users that are not in your contact
- Twitter Adds SMS Password Reset for Forgetful Users
- Deactivate your Twitter account: temporarily, permanently
- Use Twitter Spaces (Clubhouse's rival): on PC, Android, iOS
- Set the default font size on Twitter: for Android, PC, iOS
- Pin a tweet on Twitter: on iPhone, Android, PC
- Turn off tweet translation on Twitter: on Android, iOS
- Open Twitter links with your mobile browser
- How to view all your likes on Twitter?
- Sign up for Twitter: with Google, Apple
- Voice messages on Twitter: activation, time limits
- Turn off retweets: for everyone, for a particular user
- How to mark your tweets as sensitive?