In addition to sharing videos, photos and GIFS, Twitter now offers the option of sending audio messages to your followers. How are Twitter voice messages activated? What do you need to do to send them? In this article we explain all.
How do voice messages work on Twitter?
If you have an iOS or Android device and use Twitter, when you compose a new message you will be able to see a new icon of a sound wave. To send an audio message on Twitter, just press that button: this will activate the Twitter recorder and you can start talking. Specifically, you must follow these steps:
- Press the pen-shaped button to compose a new tweet.
- Press the sound wave button.
- Press the record symbol to start recording, and when finished, press the Done button.
- If you want, you can add text or start a thread.
You may not be interested in sending audios on Twitter but you are interested in listening to the voice messages of other users. In that case, all you have to do is press Play on the audio tweet you want to play. It is as simple as that.
What is the time limit?
In principle, the maximum time for voice messages on Twitter is 140 seconds. However, you can continue talking when you have exceeded that limit. Twitter has developed its own system that cuts messages of more than 140 seconds and introduces them in a new tweet. For example, if your audio message lasts 240 seconds (four minutes), Twitter will put the first 140 seconds in one tweet, and the remaining 100 seconds in another one afterwards. The limit set by the social network to chain these audios in the form of a thread is 25 tweets (3,500 seconds, almost an hour).
This way of innovating to extend the duration of audios on Twitter compensates for a lack of basis: at the moment, the social network does not allow uploading and publishing pre recorded audios, so you will have to use the Twitter app whenever you want to publish a new voice message.
- How to Activate Voice Messages on Twitter
- How to fix voice message on messenger [solved] > Forum - Facebook
- How to listen to whatsapp voice message without sender knowing > Guide
- How to download voice message from messenger pc > Guide
- How to Send Voice Messages via Gmail
- Turn off retweets: for everyone, for a particular user
- How to mark your tweets as sensitive?