Since Elon Musk's acquisition of Twitter in October 2022 a number of changes have been announced for the platform. One of the major changes is the introduction of Twitter Blue, a subscription service that offers additional features to users willing to pay. This article will look at what these Twitter Blue features are, how much they cost, and if it's worth it.
What is Twitter Blue?
Twitter Blue is a subscription service that allows Twitter users to customise their Twitter experience. For users willing to pay a subscription fee they will have access to some new premium features.
What are the Twitter Blue features?
- Blue Tick Verification: The main selling point for some users will be the ability to have the blue verification tick on your account. This tick, or blue badge was shown next to the account name and was designed to show that Twitter had verified the authenticity of an account. For example to confirm that an account like that of Elon Musk did actually belong to Elon Musk. This feature used to be for high-profile accounts, but it is now available to all Twitter Blue subscribers (in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand).
- Bookmark Folders: You can organise saved Tweets and other content into BookMark Folders, allowing you to find content easily.
- Undo Tweets: Until now, as soon as you posted a Tweet you could no longer edit it. With undo Tweet you can preview and revise the Tweet before it goes live. You can set up a customisable timer of up to 30 seconds that lets you click undo before the Tweet is posted. However, like before, as soon as the Tweet is live you can no longer edit it, only delete.
- Reader Mode: An improved way of reading and viewing Tweets. It turns long threads on Twitter into easy to read text.
- Further customisation: Such as custom app icons for your device's home screen, colour themes and more.
When will Twitter Blue be released?
Twitter Blue is currently available in the US, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand on iOS.
How to sign up to Twitter Blue?
- Log in to your Twitter account, and then go to the Profile menu.
- Select Twitter Blue.
- Chose the blue subscription for $/mo button.
- Then follow the in-app purchase instructions for iOS and Android.
- You are now signed up!
How much does Twitter Blue cost?
Twitter Blue was initially proposed for a fee of $20 per month, after a negative reaction the price was reduced to $7.99 (£7). Twitter Blue is a monthly subscription, as soon as you no longer pay for the service, you will lose access to the Twitter Blue features.
Note: There is no free trial of Twitter Blue.
Is Twitter Blue worth it?
It ultimately depends on how much value you put on the ability to have access to the premium features that Twitter Blue offers, such as the Blue verification badge, the option to undo Tweets among other features. It is clear that Twitter is looking to make itself more profitable and improve the platform by offering a subscription service and it needs to engaged users for this.
- Blue film video coloring pages > Forum - YouTube
- Twitter translate button missing > Guide
- Acer laptop blue light on but screen is black > Forum - Laptop
- Instagram blue badge > Guide
- How to add sensitive content warning on twitter > Guide
- Open Twitter links with your mobile browser
- How to view all your likes on Twitter?
- Set the default font size on Twitter: for Android, PC, iOS
- Turn off retweets: for everyone, for a particular user
- Deactivate your Twitter account: temporarily, permanently
- Voice messages on Twitter: activation, time limits
- Use Twitter Spaces: on PC, Android, iOS
- Customise your columns on TweetDeck
- Sign up for Twitter: with Google, Apple
- Pin a tweet on Twitter: on iPhone, Android, PC
- How to block a user on Twitter?