Internet Download Manager is very popular as it also enables the download of music, video etc. It is necessary to have a good configuration of the software and then list down the downloaded details in a single folder. In this article we will show you how to change the default folder for your downloads.
To change the default folder for your downloads with Internet Download Manager:
First, you'll need to create a folder, and then IDM should be opened. Click on the option menu. Now click the select button to save. A category should then be selected. Next step is to click on the default download option. Then it is good to click the browse option. The preferred folder can now be chosen.
IDM uses several download locations for your Music, Video, Compressed files etc.
You can configure the software to make use of a single folder for all the downloaded items.
First create the folder. Open IDM and:
- Click on the Option button (two overlapping gears)
- Select the Save to tab
- Select a Category (General, Compressed..) and next to the "Default download directory for the General category", click on browse
- Find the folder of your choice and validate with the OK button
- Repeat the operation for the other categories.
- How to change idm download location
- Change idm download location
- Idm change download location
- How to change download location Opera gx > Guide
- How to change the BitTorrent download location? > Guide
- Change default download location: for Vuze > Guide
- How to change the installation location on Windows 7, 10, 11 > Guide
- Reactivate uTorrent Download Location Prompt
- Internet Download Manager language change
- How to improve uTorrent download speed?
- Free Download Manager: maximize simultaneous downloads
- Upload files to MediaFire
- How to prevent auto download IDM
- Configure Internet Download Manager antivirus settings
- How to add Download Accelerator Plus Chrome Extension
- How to download MP3 music with aTube catcher?
- How to disable automatic IDM launch on startup