This article will show you how to connect a phone with a computer via Bluetooth. Once paired, the devices can share information — such as photos, videos, or files — between one another with no need for a network connection.
How to use Bluetooth to pair devices?
The location of the Bluetooth capability can vary between phones, but in most cases, enabling the feature can be done in your phone's Settings. Android users can turn on Bluetooth by heading to Settings > Wireless & networks > Bluetooth and turning the feature ON. iPhone users can find the Bluetooth feature by going to Settings > Bluetooth and flipping the switch ON.
Once Bluetooth is enabled, it will be visible to other devices with Bluetooth capabilities.
Most recent notebook models come with Bluetooth enabled, but users do have the option of disabling the option if they choose. Check your system settings to disable the feature.
Once Bluetooth is enabled on both devices concerned, it is time to establish the connection.
- Click the Bluetooth icon (represented by two right-facing arrows with a small tail) to display available devices.
- Then, select the device with which you'd like to pair your device.
- The devices will begin the pairing process. You will know when they have "found" each other when the "host" device is prompted for a password.
- Create a password (or use the one given), and insert the password into the prompt on the other device.
Once the devices have paired, you will be able to send files between them.
- Connect phone to laptop bluetooth
- How to bluetooth phone to laptop
- Bluetooth connect phone to laptop
- Connect phone to laptop by bluetooth [solved] > Forum - Mobile
- Connect Jio phone's internet to PC: via hotspot, USB > Guide
- Use computer as landline phone [solved] > Forum - Software
- How to connect bluetooth device and Dell insp [solved] > Forum - Network
- Headphones not working on laptop: Windows 11, Windows 10 > Guide
- How to factory reset Dell laptop: without password, BIOS
- How to lock or unlock the touchpad on HP laptop: Windows 10
- Lenovo password reset: disk, without disk, Windows 10
- HP laptop camera not working: Windows 10, on Zoom, in Teams
- How to light up keyboard on Acer laptop: Aspire 3, Aspire 5
- Synaptics pointing device driver: download, use, Windows 10
- How to factory reset Gateway laptop: Windows 10, Windows 7
- How to fix volume buttons on Asus laptop
- Lenovo laptop screen goes black randomly: how to fix it
- How to factory reset Acer desktop: Windows 8, Windows 7
- Asus recovery partition: missing, deleted, Windows 10
- How to reset Toshiba laptop: without password, Windows 10
- Dell laptop Bluetooth not working: Windows 10, Windows 7
- Dell Inspiron Mini factory reset: Windows 7, Windows XP
- Asus laptop factory reset: from BIOS, Windows 10, Netbook
- Factory reset HP laptop: from boot, Windows 10, Windows 7
- Laptop overheating: how to fix?
- Asus laptop webcam image is upside down: what to do?