How to check laptop battery health: Windows 8, 10
If you want to check your battery health, there's no need to download and install additional software, as Windows 8.1 already includes a small utility. Follow the procedure below.
To monitor the health of your battery:
- Click on the Windows logo open the command prompt by typing into the search bar: cmd
- Type the command: powercfg /batteryreport
- Press Enter
An HTML file named battery-report.html containing information about your battery will be generated in C:\WINDOWS \system32. Don't forget to enable the display of hidden files and folders!
You will be able to consult the related information about your battery life, including:
- The Design Capacity (the original max performance)
- The Full Charge Capacity (the current max performance)
- And more
ANY more questions about laptop batteries? check out our forum!
Around the same subject
- How to check laptop battery health windows 8
- Windows 8 laptop
- Test laptop battery
- Security check preventing login > Facebook Forum
- How to type # in laptop > Guide
- Security check preventing log in > Facebook Forum
- Security check preventing > Facebook Forum
- How to check ps4 controller battery > Guide