PROJECT: PLAYTIME download in progress
You will be automatically redirected to the homepage in 30 seconds.
PROJECT: PLAYTIME is a Co-Op survival video game where a team of survivors must escape a dangerous place full of mysteries while avoiding being killed by a dangerous monster played by another player. As you play this frightening journey, you will earn points to upgrade your characters and spice up the whole adventure. So, pick a side, and try to outsmart your enemy, tear people apart, or survive your foe.
PROJECT: PLAYTIME is a spin-off of Poppy Playtime that takes place in a creepy toy factory where you will have to find all the pieces of a giant toy and avoid being killed by the monster that lingers in the dark.
- Survivors: As part of the pack of Survivors, you are natively equipped with the GrabPack, two extendable arms you can use to grab and carry objects from far away, solve puzzles, or grip doors to slam them shut in the face of the monster.
- Monster: You can choose among three different evil and dangerous creatures, including Huggy Wuggy, Mommy Long Legs, and newcomer Boxy Boo. Each of them has a unique set of abilities and matches a play style, like being a springy hunter with Boxy Boo, being brutal with Huggy Wuggy, or fast and agile with Mommy Long Legs.
- Be smart: If you are a Monster, your goal is simple: take down and kill all the survivors before they escape from this place. If you are a Survivor, you will be able to communicate with your partners (as long as they are alive) to solve puzzles, collect parts of a giant toy to make it complete again, and avoid being killed by the many threats of this place, including the Monster.
- Perks and upgrades: Regardless of if you're a Survivor or Monster, you won't be limited to default abilities. Indeed, the more you play, the more you will earn Toy Tickets, which are the in-game currency (you cannot purchase them using real money). If you are a Survivor, you can purchase perks to become a Puzzle Master, a Speed Demon, a Shadow Walker, or a Medic. If you are a Monster, you can upgrade new abilities called Sabotages for various purposes to stay ahead of the curve, like blind Survivors, destroy their GrabPacks, boobytrap their path, and more.
- Customization: PROJECT: PLAYTIME features an in-game rotating shop with new cosmetics and a seasonal TOY BOX, which offers 100 levels of cosmetics. Regardless if you are into ripping people apart or surviving under challenging conditions, It's always pleasant to look classy.
Graphics and sound
PROJECT: PLAYTIME has been developed using Unreal Engine 4 and features photorealistic cartoonish-style graphics with beautiful materials, lighting and shadow techniques, and supports 4K resolution. Moreover, the levels have been designed to create a freaky atmosphere wherever you are and make you pray nothing is waiting for you in the dark. Sound and audio feedback have also been produced to ensure you stay alert on everything happening around you and keep you on your toes throughout the game.
Duration and game modes
PROJECT: PLAYTIME offers a multiplayer experience where you can either play as a Resource Extraction Specialist or as a cruel monster who will do whatever it takes to kill everyone in the factory. Up to 6 players can play together against another player who will embody an evil creature.
What do the reviews say?
PROJECT: PLAYTIME has no Metacritic score as it is still under development. It seems to offer a pleasant experience, but there is still much room for improvement.
For the moment, there is no PEGI rating, but note that it contains horror scenes that may hurt the sensitivity of young players.