Convert Numbers to Words in Excel
The first method for converting a number to its written equivalent is to use direct entry. For example, if you were looking to write out 47.75 into forty seven dollars and seventy five cents, you can do this by entering the following formula into a cell:
Another way to change numbers to text is to use Insert Function. To do this, select the cell that you want, and then, click Insert Function on the Formulas ribbon.
Under Or, select a category, followed by User Defined. In the Select a function list, select SpellNumber, followed by OK.
Next, enter the number or cell reference that you want, and then click OK.
Alternatively, you can also use the Concatenate function to apply this formula to specific cells (though this method is a bit more complicated). To use this function, enter the code below (be sure to replace B6 with the applicable cell number):
Image: © Dzmitry Kliapitski - Shutterstock.com
- Convert number to words in excel
- Formula to convert number to words in excel 2016 - Best answers
- How to convert number to words in excel - Best answers
- How to convert number to words in excel in rupees without vba ✓ - Forum - Excel
- How to convert date to general in excel - How-To - Excel
- Formula in Excel to turn numbers into text ✓ - Forum - Excel
- How to convert number to words in excel in rupees ✓ - Forum - Word
- How to convert number to words in excel in rupees spellnumber ✓ - Forum - Office Software