In Windows operating systems, users often come across a message saying 'Please Insert a Disk into Drive Error' when a pen drive is inserted into the computer. This error can occur because when a pen drive is inserted, it is automatically assigned a drive letter which sometimes conflicts with an existing network drive letter. We will show you the procedure below to rectify this problem.
"Please Insert Disk into Drive Error" Solution
This problem mainly occurs under Windows XP in situations where the drive letter of the USB device corresponds to the drive letter of an existing network drive.
- Log in to an account with administrative privileges
- Insert your pendrive into the USB port.
- Click Start/ My computer/Manage/Disk Management
- Right click on the partition corresponding to your removable media and select Change Drive Letter and Paths.
- Finally change the drive letter (for example W: or Y:). It is very unusual for Windows to use these letters.
Image: © 123RF.com
- Please insert a disk into drive
- Please insert a disk into usb drive - Best answers
- Please insert a disc into drive e - Best answers
- Insert system disk in drive press any key when ready - How-To - Hardware
- Please insert a disk into drive g ✓ - Forum - Pen Drive/USB Key/SD Card
- Transcend pendrive - Error message : Please insert a disk into drive G - How-To - USB
- Please insert a disk into drive H:. ✓ - Forum - Windows XP
- Insert a disk into drive G:' ✓ - Forum - Hard Drive/SSD