- Aug 15, 2018 at 01:09 PM - Latest reply:
Registration date
Monday June 3, 2013
Status
Last seen
November 20, 2018
- Aug 15, 2018 at 04:21 PM
Hello,
So i have had plenty of monitor problems before but i have never seen this one.
Today i turned on my PC and it showed desktop and everything looked fine,then suddenly the screen went black while the monitor light was still blue(Indicating that monitor has power AND is connected to PC,without proper connection monitor light would be yellow).
So i restarted my PC and now the monitor dosent even display the windows logo,although the black screen did flash for a second but thats about it.
-The new PC im using is 1 month old and everything was fine until then.
-Im using latest updates from windows 10,and even using driver booster to update other drivers
-Few days ago i installed a windows update but this shouldn't be the issue.
-I tried plugging off the power cable for monitor then holding down the power buttom for 30 seconds,didn't help.
-I tried this on my second monitor,exact same issue where the monitor lights on power buttom are blue,indicating that everything is fine with cable connections.
-Im using HDVI converter to connect my old monitors with these newer graphic cards,this worked fine and shoudn't be the issue.

See more 

Your reply

2 replies

Best answer
Registration date
Wednesday August 15, 2018
Last seen
August 25, 2018
Aug 15, 2018 at 02:04 PM
Thank you
Update: I fixed it by pressing DEL buttom on keyboard when i turned it on to enter BIOS,then the monitor auto adjusted without me doing anything,then i exited BIOS and monitor worked perfectly,i tought i couldnt enter bios becose of black screen.So if anyone else is facing this problem this might fix it.

Thank you, Delinard 1

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1695 users this month

Registration date
Monday June 3, 2013
Status
Last seen
November 20, 2018
- Aug 15, 2018 at 04:21 PM
Great to hear, thanks for reporting back!
Respond to Delinard