Toshiba Satellite black screen after startup [Solved/Closed]

bh - Oct 16, 2010 at 01:33 PM - Latest reply:  Dr Dion
- Jun 28, 2016 at 06:20 PM
Hello,

I have a Toshiba satellite L505 laptop and it will not do anything! It will power on and the Toshiba logo will come up, then it goes black. It will say that Windowws is laoding files and nothing will happen after that! I have tried the resetting the motherboard by powering off and taking out the battery but this does not work. F8 will not work either. PLEASE help!!!!!!

See more 

12 replies

Best answer
Thank you
Remove the memory , If you have 2 memory slots full , try taking one out and start it up , worked for me

Thank you, WARKRIME 1

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1902 users this month

re_mi 747 Posts Wednesday May 13, 2009Registration date November 1, 2010 Last seen - Oct 20, 2010 at 06:05 PM
Hi ,

Try both as suggested by champs and WARKRIME or use your system recovery cd and restore it to factory settings.

Thanks
OMG! it worked, it actually worked. Thank you so much
IT WORKED>>>>>>>>>>>>>IT WORKED..........................IT WORKED
Next time it dies it will e going to the rifle range with me
Best answer
Thank you
I don't know when you put this on the web but I went through the same thing with my toshiba. After taking it to two sources to diagnose it I ended up a geek squade and paid the diagnosis fee. I found out I needed a new motherboard. I had been told I needed a new ribbon cable from the ldc screen to the motherboard and also that I needed a new screen. That was all before I took it to geek squad.

I just got my laptop back and it works fine. It was so frustrating because I could not understand that one day I turned on fine and the next it seemed to start and then went to black screen.

I hope this helps but if you do need the motherboard be prepared it costs almost as much as a new computer. I have a 17" toshiba satellite and could not replace it for the same amount of the repair so I went ahead, you must weight the price of repair to a new computer. :)

Thank you, Note2me 1

jaunglia 622 Posts Monday July 12, 2010Registration date November 4, 2010 Last seen - Oct 28, 2010 at 09:53 AM
Hi ,

Thanks for sharing this advice
If you have another version of your operating system like a CD or flash drive use F12 and see if you can boot from that. If you can its probably your hard drive. Replacing the hard drive can be much cheaper than buying a new computer.
I purchased a notebook for a graduation present for my grandson and in a few weeks the same thing happened. I took it back to best buy where I purchased it and they were super nice. Left the computer and it was supposed to be fixed. It was used probably for a week or so and the same thing happened again. When I came in town I took it back and it was supposed to be fixed. No one mentioned I needed a motherboard or other parts, they just said it was scrubbed for a virus and would work now. More money spent as this was not covered in the warranty. Worked for a few weeks and again the same thing. I brought it back with me to Florida and had best buy look at it again and then after that repair and 119.00 later, I took it to Office Depot and after another fee, it was supposed to be repaired. I took it back to my grandson and he had already purchased another one since he needed one for college. I brought the computer back with me and now it needs the same thing again. Free diagnostic and then hit you with over $100.00 in a fix that does not stay. No one has stated that Toshiba has these problems and I think it is a cover up so there is not mass recall. Can not prove it but I will never purchase anything but HP. They work. Had three and all have worked great.
Best answer
Thank you
Was told Toshiba is replacing faulty Satellite hard drives and motherboards because so many are bad, I have been in a lack-of-cusotmer-service nightmare for 5 weeks now... and I just bought this !atellite 665 9 weeks ago... Toshiba is a nightmare. Save yourself and buy another brand. Computer was returned yesterday but today it already died again... choose another company.

Thank you, Dan 1

laradouglis 33 Posts Friday July 31, 2015Registration date November 20, 2015 Last seen - Nov 20, 2015 at 06:34 PM
please try to update your sound driver or uninstall and reinstall the sound driver. for more information you can visit on http://toshiba.techssupport247.com
little.jay60 446 Posts Thursday July 8, 2010Registration date November 3, 2010 Last seen - Oct 17, 2010 at 02:55 AM
Thank you
Hi there,

Are you actually able to reach safe mode?
cha_mps 445 Posts Friday August 20, 2010Registration date October 31, 2010 Last seen - Oct 17, 2010 at 12:08 AM
Thank you
Hello,

Log in safe mode and have a system restore. If still the problem continues, please get your system repaired using an installation cd.

Thanks in advance.