HP G60 Blank Screen [Solved/Closed]

skydave13 3 Posts Saturday October 16, 2010Registration date October 17, 2010 Last seen - Oct 16, 2010 at 10:50 PM - Latest reply:  eliteradioshack
- May 11, 2016 at 12:57 AM
Hello,

I have an HP G60 Laptop, with a blank screen. I connected an external monitor and it works fine, I am actually using it now with the external monitor. I can see the laptop monitor when the sun shines on it or I use a flash light. I tried to reseat the memory, I tried the hard boot, today I replaced the inverter and still the same problem. Can anyone offer more suggestions? And is the LCD display and the backlight the same thing or can they be replaced seperately? Do you think the magnetic cover could be an issue? Thanks and have a great day.
See more 

4 replies

Best answer
onea97 611 Posts Thursday May 14, 2009Registration date November 3, 2010 Last seen - Oct 16, 2010 at 11:20 PM
Thank you
Hi there,

Please get through the below instructions in order to have the problem solved.

http://ccm.net/faq/4594-laptop-screen-is-blank-when-it-is-switched-on

Thank you.

Thank you, onea97 2

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1687 users this month

skydave13 3 Posts Saturday October 16, 2010Registration date October 17, 2010 Last seen - Oct 16, 2010 at 11:39 PM
Great responce time, thanks very much.
Thank you
Hi Steve, I replaced the lcd inverter and still have the same problem, I can see the screen when I shine a light or the sun shines on it, but I have no brightness. I am thinking maybe the backlite/display would be my next step. Any thing else I could try instead of the display? Thanks for your answer.
eliteradioshack - May 11, 2016 at 12:57 AM
I have had a simular issue if you can see the background its just very dim your correct that backlite more than likely has failed, they are fairly cheap and worth a shot to replace it however i will let you know that they are not all the same not one size fits all so be sure to get the correct one and it may be worth it to pay the extra money for a quality one seeing how fast/rapidly these seems to die