so I have been looking online to try to find a way to restore my toshiba satellite l455d laptop and I havent found anything that helps I did come across someones post on another website and they had the exact same issue but there were no results with it so I copied the problem and pasted below. does anyone know why I am having this problem or how I can fix it?..also I have a windows 7 disk but I cant boot up from it...
I'm having a problem with a Satellite L455D-S5976 and the recovery utility. I have tried the press zero while starting and get the "HDD recover mode" flash on the screen. Then windows 7 starts. I get the win7 startup animation then blank and the mouse pointer appears. The hard drive has been blinking up until this point then stops and nothing else happens. It just sits there.
This worked for me, but I don't have a laptop. Try unplugging the computer, take the battery out, and hold down the power button for 30 secs. Then put the battery and power back in and reboot. NOTE:I am not responsible for broken hard- or software.
1. Boot up as normal, and wait until you see the cursor on the black screen
2. When you're booted, press Ctrl+Alt+Del
3. In the Processes tab of the Task Manager, find explorer.exe
4. If you find one, right-click it and select End Process
5. Select File ? Run
6. Enter explorer and press Enter - the desktop should show up
7. After it has finished loading, reboot
8. This time, your desktop will show up without the black screen