Black screen after windows logo [Solved/Closed]

iDante. 2 Posts Wednesday February 12, 2014Registration date February 12, 2014 Last seen - Feb 12, 2014 at 04:56 PM - Latest reply:  vivek
- Jan 21, 2017 at 12:32 AM
I have an Acer Aspire laptop with windows 7. It was working perfectly fine last night.. This morning, I booted my laptop but forgot to unplug the hdmi, so i restarted it after i had gotten back from a shower. After forcing a shutdown and turning it back on, the system asked me to check the disc for consistency. I had been ignoring this for a few days, now, but this time I allowed it. When it finished, the screen went black and the cursor displayed promptly. I figured it was simply trying to boot up and was taking some time. I let it sit for 5 minutes until I realized I had a problem. I apologise for the long post, but thought It'd be better to explain in detail
See more 

2 replies

iDante. 2 Posts Wednesday February 12, 2014Registration date February 12, 2014 Last seen - Feb 12, 2014 at 06:20 PM
Thank you
Please help :( I need my laptop for work..
I have the same problem. Every bit of your story is matching mine story. My pc was also working perfectly on one night. And the next day when i launched the startup repair and came back after a bath. The black screen of death awaited me. If u want to work in your pc with command prompt press f8 while start up and choose windows repair. Then choose open command prompt